EFL Cup final venue

It's a silly rule in a domestic cup, I agree. For European football, I'm not so sure. It was a product of a time when clubs would go and put 10 men behind the ball for a 0-0 away from home, and I'm not sure that applies any more. But it could perhaps be argued that the reason is doesn't apply is because of the away goal rule. Guess it would have to be tried to see.
Normal away goals I'd have no problem with as it's a two legged tie. But under the old rules if Chelsea won the second leg 2-1, it would still go to extra time and the away goals would only count for extra at the end of extra time, which for me increases the advantage of being at home for the second leg.

The Spuds stadium move has been put back again, is it a safety concern that is preventing this happening or haven't they decorated the toilet block yet?

There has been some rubbish posted here such as ‘the FA won’t allow it’ or ‘the PL will have considered this’.

Nothing to do with either as it is run by the EFL.

Either way a contract will have been signed to stage the EFL cup at Wembley for the foreseeable.

I have no problem with the EFL Cup or the FA Cup being held at Wembley. I don’t like Wembley as a SF Venue and would prefer to see Regional Stadia used. Bring back Villa Park and Hillesbrough (maybe not the latter against Liverpool)!

The game could be moved but there would be problems with every other option as well. The only stadium close in size is the swamp and neither club would really want to play there, plus I think the rags are at home that weekend, full programme of league fixtures that weekend etc.

They won’t move a final, Wembley is to make money which they won’t make as much anywhere else. Simple as that.

Not read the whole thread and this may have been posted already but this is online:

e25925c72c2fe7c6db6b9fe22e5f92a2.jpg

Does anyone know if the League cup final made it onto general sale last time. I've got the points allocation to go but a mate who doesn't would like to come and don't want to tell him to book hotels etc if he can't get a ticket.

Does anyone know if the League cup final made it onto general sale last time. I've got the points allocation to go but a mate who doesn't would like to come and don't want to tell him to book hotels etc if he can't get a ticket.

I think it did but sold out when on general sale very quickly.

The arrogance of some of our fans lately! We've still got to go to Burton and at least get a draw yet. Lose by 10 or more and were out.

I booked a hotel when the draw was made - the one at the bottom of Wembley way. Stayed there for the Spurs game last season and it was cool.

That’s the Pep effect ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.