C86 and 80's indie

allblackcitizen

Anyone else get the free C86 tape from the NME? Anyone else like 80's indie?

Just seen that The Wolfhounds (who were on the C86 tape) and Yeah Yeah Noh (80's indie luminaries) are touring together and hit Brighton at the end of April.

Surprised that anyone still reads the NME.

Got a free tape with the Slow Readers Club's new vinyl. Anyone got a spare tape deck?

Sorry. Should have made clear. The C86 tape was issued back in er 1986. I was on a nostalgia trip, except I never really stopped listening to 80's indie rock/pop

The Brilliant Corners were fucking class. Along with The Wedding Present. I quite liked The Railway Children at that point too although they did go pretty shit a bit later.

The Brilliant Corners were fucking class. Along with The Wedding Present. I quite liked The Railway Children at that point too although they did go pretty shit a bit later.
The Corners were brilliant (as you know seeing as we went to a load of gigs together lol)

I had the C86 on album, bought from Piccadilly records. That introduced me to The Bodines (from Glossop??) and Stump, McCarthy and others.

The NME did some great free cassettes back in the day, I remember a punk one - can't recall the name but it had The Clash with 1977 and the Pistols Satalite as well as Part Time Punks and Talk about Seymour. They also did free vinyl EP's - one had The Smiths 'What She Said' and three other bands from the NME winners poll on there (think Bronski beat was one of them)
All great stuff......

Last edited:
The Corners ere brilliant (as you know seeing as we went to a load of gigs together lol)

I had the C86 on album, bought from Piccadilly records. That introduced me to The Bodines (from Glossop??) and Stump, McCarthy and others.

The NME did some great free cassettes back in the day, I remember a punk one - can't recall the name but it had The Class with 1977 and the Pistols Satalite as well as Part Time Punks and Talk about Seymour. They also did free vinyl EP's - one had The Smiths 'What She Said' and three other bands from the NME winners poll on there (think Bronski beat was one of them)
All great stuff......
The Bodines were indeed from Glossop, Therese still one of my favourite ever tunes.

The Corners were brilliant (as you know seeing as we went to a load of gigs together lol)

The NME did some great free cassettes back in the day, I remember a punk one - can't recall the name but it had The Clash with 1977 and the Pistols Satalite as well as Part Time Punks and Talk about Seymour. They also did free vinyl EP's - one had The Smiths 'What She Said' and three other bands from the NME winners poll on there (think Bronski beat was one of them)
All great stuff......

Wow, didn't know C86 came on vinyl. That must be a real collectors item. "Therese" by The Bodines is the best track on the C86 album.

I got a few free tapes from NME and got a punk one, which sounds like the one you mention. It definitely had Part Time Punks on it, and my fave was The Slits "Typical Girls".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.