Ruben Neves

IMO there is no one out there who is a like for like replacement for Fern the best we can hope for is a player who can play the role and integrate and change, if need be, how we set up our team to make it work.

I think he's the closest thing to a young Xabi Alonso out there or that I've seen in a while, but whether we can really facilitate a Xabi Alonso in our team is debatable. That's not really what Fern does and I'm not convinced our other midfielders offer enough to get away with an Alonso type as the 3rd midfielder. He's a very clever player though so I imagine Pep could get him to be a Busquets type if he wanted, but again it's whether you could get away with a defensive midfielder like Busquets in England.

I think he's the closest thing to a young Xabi Alonso out there or that I've seen in a while, but whether we can really facilitate a Xabi Alonso in our team is debatable. That's not really what Fern does and I'm not convinced our other midfielders offer enough to get away with an Alonso type as the 3rd midfielder. He's a very clever player though so I imagine Pep could get him to be a Busquets type if he wanted, but again it's whether you could get away with a defensive midfielder like Busquets in England.
Talk of Declan Rice from West Ham he’s only 19 as a Fernandinho type player. I havnt seen the lad play so have no opinion on him. Apparently West Ham want 50 million for him.

Talk of Declan Rice from West Ham he’s only 19 as a Fernandinho type player. I havnt seen the lad play so have no opinion on him. Apparently West Ham want 50 million for him.
Think he'll be a very good player but signed a new contract a week or so ago so can't see him going anywhere for season or two.

He's a Fernandinho type in the sense that he is a human, male and a football player. Beyond that the comparison starts to fall down tbh. He looks far more like the standard CB playing defensive midfield you used to see quite often in England, from what I can tell. Fernandinho is a technical, physical midfield player we converted into a defensive midfielder, you aren't going to get that skill set from a CB

Have to agree with Oscar here, he's a centre half. Might do OK playing a spoiling role in West Ham's midfield but he'd get found out asked to play football in midfield against a strong opponent. I'd rather get a footballer with defensive instincts in there than a centre half who doesn't trip over the ball.

He's a Fernandinho type in the sense that he is a human, male and a football player. Beyond that the comparison starts to fall down tbh. He looks far more like the standard CB playing defensive midfield you used to see quite often in England, from what I can tell. Fernandinho is a technical, physical midfield player we converted into a defensive midfielder, you aren't going to get that skill set from a CB

He looks like a slightly upgraded Eric Dier.

We need someone to be as good as Fernandinho, or shall I say someone who has potential to be as good. Ndombele would be my pick.

Neves always looks a tidy player but a bit average when I watch him. I think he's convinced people he's better than he is because he scores a screamer every 20 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.