Deux nuits avec Aymeric Laporte

Very cool vid, lots of insight to a fella who outside of his skill on the pitch i had little idea about. Aymeric comes across well, very much like Kompany in he is studious in nature. Very much the sort of guy you want marshaling the defence.

Thank you to the chap who made this video, top man!

Interesting watch. One might assume that living alone in such a manner could be quite lonely (wasn't there an entourage of men and women when he flew in last year?), but then again family members might find it harder to settle in Manchester, which in turn could be unsettling for the player. I suspect that top clubs, in general, are quite good at helping players settle and keep a keen eye on their physical well-being, but I suspect they are less active in monitoring their psychological state. That said, Laporte strikes me as someone who has been an outsider for most of his life, never fully French and never fully Basque, so perhaps he's had to adjust to living in the margins and that can only be done alone.

On a footballing point, it's interesting that he came from a defensive system which was intense, man-to-man, and where the focus was primarily on winning duels but also on passing accurately. I wonder if that background makes it easier to transition into English football and Guardiola's style of play.
A lot of players for France seem similar. They Eligible to play for other nations, some have at Under 20. I do see what you are saying though. Maybe it is my blue tinted spectacles, but if I was selecting for the French team I'd take him over the likes of Rami, Kimpembe and Zouma.

A lot of players for France seem similar. They Eligible to play for other nations, some have at Under 20. I do see what you are saying though. Maybe it is my blue tinted spectacles, but if I was selecting for the French team I'd take him over the likes of Rami, Kimpembe and Zouma.

In certain regards, Laporte reminds me of Sylvain Distin, another quietly effective defender but one whose talents French international football could live without.

a few nights out at the lappies and he wont be alone for long, could even take his personal chef with him

He lives in the penthouse at 1 greengate. Nice flat and lots of young people. Lives two minutes from silva, pep, sane, gundoghan as well.

Handy for Harvey nichs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.