Ex players as ambassadors

Has anyone done any City hospitality? - they apparently have ex-players there - was wondering who.

A colleague who is a dipper went to a hospitality thing at Anfield a few years ago and they had ginger super-sub David Fairclough chatting to people during the meal.
That must be wrong. He would probably have come in as the dessert course was being served.

If Leicester City is any comparison, they don't get paid as much as you'd think for the match day gig. My ex-mrs is now living with an ex-LCFC "legend" who I won't name, and as part of the divorce financial disclosures I had view of his earnings, which worked out to about £140.00 for the day - to arrive at the ground about 11am, meet & greet the pre-match diners, smooch around the tables, smooch around the boxes during the match, then a fans Q&A until about 6pm. This was an ex club captain, reasonably high profile in this town, earning about £20.00 an hour at his Saturday job! Better rates at Lidl. Unless she lied...but she'd never do that to me. Ermm..

...then just enough time for him to get to the studio to present motd.

I guess it depends on how much they do. Brightwell, Edgy etc... seem to just do match day stuff in the main, where as Dickov seems to go all round the world spreading the word.

I love to see on cheeseys vlog and city tv ex players at games giving interviews and even visiting fan clubs or other promotional type roles.does anyone know are they paid, is it a network of ex players kept close to the club or do they just volunteer.i love the idea to reward ex players by keeping them in the fold, so to speak, as it helps to convey the history of the club to the new players.
So you are Barry Conlon and seeking extra work at the weekend?

He's a rum fucker I know that. I know a few old school from Middy who know him. His brother or cousin was the manager (football team)of the Ye Golden Lion in the 90s when I played for them. I seen him at a legends type show a few years ago with Buzzer and son and a few more. He's a funny bloke.

I used to play football in the early 80's - 82, I think,as a young 15 year old before I joined the Army for ICI Blackley and then the Victoria in Middleton Junction (I was half decent but could mainly run and run) His brother Paul used to play with us as captain, big, bad centre half. The team was looked after by Charlie the postman, whose son Steve used to play too. I also used to drink in a pub at the bottom of Langley Lane after I turned 18 obviously, (can't remember its name) where Tommy would come in and have a few quiet pints - or try to as we used to get him talking about City. Completely class man & gentleman,

I used to play football in the early 80's - 82, I think,as a young 15 year old before I joined the Army for ICI Blackley and then the Victoria in Middleton Junction (I was half decent but could mainly run and run) His brother Paul used to play with us as captain, big, bad centre half. The team was looked after by Charlie the postman, whose son Steve used to play too. I also used to drink in a pub at the bottom of Langley Lane after I turned 18 obviously, (can't remember its name) where Tommy would come in and have a few quiet pints - or try to as we used to get him talking about City. Completely class man & gentleman,
82 was a bit before my pub going time pal :) It might of been Paul, if he was a big lad with a tache then very possibly. I only played for the Ye Golden because my mates dad had it. I was a Moston kid and did most of my drinking in the Ben and the Museum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.