Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overwhelmed Brighton in the end. But too much of the game was tedious. I'm all for sides being patient but there's patient and there's laborious! The number of passes that go sideways or backwards when driving forward with the ball is a clear option passes my understanding. The scoreline reflects the number of chances we created. There were a couple of scubbers but the rest were well taken.

Sort of with you on that.There is a mixture of things that baffle me. Too often a player will receive the ball with 30 or so yards in front of her but rather than moving forward to draw a player forward and maybe create space she will pass sideways or play a ball to a marked player who inevitably passes it back ! Really frustrating though when a player does receive the ball with space but isnt aware she has space so just returns it.

The alternative is to just knock it longer to someone beyond the midfield or to someone between the lines but then, more often than not, the first touch of the receiver just isnt good enough and the move breaks down. Lumping long balls isnt often much use either as we don't have a big hold up player in the squad.

It's weird because we are obviously a pretty good team with good players and yet it's the basics we just cant seem to get right often enough. Simple short passes going astray, bad first touches, lack of awareness.

And yet we won 7.1

Sort of with you on that.There is a mixture of things that baffle me. Too often a player will receive the ball with 30 or so yards in front of her but rather than moving forward to draw a player forward and maybe create space she will pass sideways or play a ball to a marked player who inevitably passes it back ! Really frustrating though when a player does receive the ball with space but isnt aware she has space so just returns it.

The alternative is to just knock it longer to someone beyond the midfield or to someone between the lines but then, more often than not, the first touch of the receiver just isnt good enough and the move breaks down. Lumping long balls isnt often much use either as we don't have a big hold up player in the squad.

It's weird because we are obviously a pretty good team with good players and yet it's the basics we just cant seem to get right often enough. Simple short passes going astray, bad first touches, lack of awareness.

And yet we won 7.1

I think we scored four in the last five minutes - well taken goals, a couple of them thumped from outside the area, and just how knackered were those Brighton girls. I think 3-1 would have been a fairer reflection on the pattern of the game. We were never really under any pressure, and I can't remember Bardsley getting any action in the second half. But a win's a win!

I'd take 27 in 5 days over 20 in 3 days, well done, its unlikely you'll get that chance ever again, now if only you'd had a bet on all 4 results.......

I lost a shilling, a whole fuckin' shilling, twelve pence in proper money, back in the fifties to my brother. That halted my gambling on City results. Had I placed a single ten pence on any of those games they would surely have been reversed!

Can anyone who was there confirm what the visibility was actually like? It’s looks awful on the highlights video but sometimes that’s not a fair reflection.

Can anyone who was there confirm what the visibility was actually like? It’s looks awful on the highlights video but sometimes that’s not a fair reflection.
Where I was sat (East stand ,left side towards the end of the stand) I couldn't really see what was happening on the far side in front of the West stand, and too a lesser extent the North Stand goal. I would of moved if the terrace was open , but as it wasn't I just stayed in my original seat.

Where I was sat (East stand ,left side towards the end of the stand) I couldn't really see what was happening on the far side in front of the West stand, and too a lesser extent the North Stand goal. I would of moved if the terrace was open , but as it wasn't I just stayed in my original seat.

At the start of the game it wasn't bad at all but quite quickly but gradually the fog rolled in and visibility from the stand was eventually limited to about halfway across the pitch. The ref would have been ok but the linesman on our side would not have been able to give a player on the far side offside or onside as he couldnt really see across clearly.

I reckon if Ederson was playing he could have scored as the opposition keeper just wouldn't have seen any shot coming!

Thanks.

Seen the draw for the Conti cup semis as been made , Arsenal v Utd , Chelsea v City . How many times have we got Chelsea in the semi's now ? And I wonder if we will ever get a semi at home again ?

Its looking like we have a chance to go top of the league this afternoon, arsenal currently 0-2 at home to chelsea, with 12 minutes to go, and not had a shot on goal yet.

Team for West Ham....

Roebuck, Stokes, Beattie, Houghton (c), Bonner, Walsh, Scott, Weir, Stanway, Hemp, Parris. SUBS | Bardsley, Lawley, Bremer, Beckie, Morgan, Park, McManus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.