Niclas Jensen volley v Leeds

We had already left Maine Road 15 years ago?

that goal was in the last season of Maine Road.

Highlights of that season for me:
  • 3-1 in the last Maine Road derby, Goater at his best
  • Finishing 9th in the Premier League (!) and getting into Europe
  • Jensen's volley
  • Winning at Anfield in injury time
  • Bernarbia & Berkovic
  • Foe (RIP), midfield general who scored plenty

Sat in the main stand with my mum when that got hit, both looked at each other in disbelief, great strike!!

I was also in the Main Stand with my dad, this was back when he used to go to the bog in the hopes of tempting a goal for us. Sent the video to him this morning with a reminder, 16 years since you missed Jensen's belter because you were forcing a log...

ooooo that was a hell of a goal, but sadly i couldn't go that day.

i am very fond of the Keegan era, and the team he put together. You have to realise we'd gone from 2nd division (League One) playoffs to signing Anelka with Berkovic and Bernarbia and Weaver, in 3 or 4 seasons.

Man City: Schmeichel, Dunne, Howey, Distin, Jihai, Berkovic (Benarbia 84), Foe, Horlock, Jensen, Goater (Wright-Phillips 80), Anelka.
Subs Not Used: Nash, Wiekens, Huckerby.

Leeds: Robinson, Kelly, Mills, Woodgate, Matteo, Smith (Milner 60), Bakke (Fowler 72), Okon, Wilcox, Viduka (Seth Johnson 72), Kewell.
We actually had a decent side that year, the problem was he sold half the squad that summer and replaced them with big name has beens and average players like Fowler, McManaman, Seaman, Tarnat, Bosvelt, Reyna and Sinclair. Then after that we were skint.

That bald bloke that Anelka beats looked a bit shit

Also, did we sign Fowler pretty soon after that game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.