“City Matters” fan committee

I'll add to that mate and say, not just enough points, but not even a season card either!

What I would add is that people who run SC Branches dislike people trying to join them if they are only interested in improving their chances of away tickets. We have turned people away for this reason.

Anyway, Newcastle is still on open sale and the rearranged Everton game will go the same way. All the Euro Aways went to general sale.

I'll add to that mate and say, not just enough points, but not even a season card either!
True, I have also been in charge of ticket distribution for a OSC which no longer operates.

Every paid up member who wanted a ticket for X game (season ticket holder or not) would put their name forward.

Out of an application of lets say 30, we might get 22. So I would ask those with higher points to get their own so to help out other members.

Did I try and sort out the members I was better mates with regardless of points? Of course I did.

Did I get asked "My cousin/brother/sister/dad/uncle from another country is coming over he'd love to get a ticket for X away next month is there anything you could sort?"? Yes, if we got the full allocation of tickets I could sort out and points would have got put against a member who wasn't even going to a game.

Just being honest, not proud of it. I'm sure the example above happens all the time.

Going back to the actual thread - I believe City Matters should be focusing on the bigger issues facing season ticket holders at City i.e. continued unjustified season ticket price increases, the Platinum scheme, and the continuing issue of games being sold out or attendances being reported as 50 odd thousand when the North Stand tier 1 is sparse. As said in my previous post, the issue of away tickets only comes up for probably 4 out of 50+ games a season.

True, I have also been in charge of ticket distribution for a OSC which no longer operates.

Every paid up member who wanted a ticket for X game (season ticket holder or not) would put their name forward.

Out of an application of lets say 30, we might get 22. So I would ask those with higher points to get their own so to help out other members.

Did I try and sort out the members I was better mates with regardless of points? Of course I did.

Did I get asked "My cousin/brother/sister/dad/uncle from another country is coming over he'd love to get a ticket for X away next month is there anything you could sort?"? Yes, if we got the full allocation of tickets I could sort out and points would have got put against a member who wasn't even going to a game.

Just being honest, not proud of it. I'm sure the example above happens all the time.

Going back to the actual thread - I believe City Matters should be focusing on the bigger issues facing season ticket holders at City i.e. continued unjustified season ticket price increases, the Platinum scheme, and the continuing issue of games being sold out or attendances being reported as 50 odd thousand when the North Stand tier 1 is sparse. As said in my previous post, the issue of away tickets only comes up for probably 4 out of 50+ games a season.

I think freezing or reducing ticket prices where a season card has been used for every home game that season is needed. Also, people shouldn’t be getting ticket points for games where their season card isn’t used. People have he opportunity to pass on season cards to friends and family or use the Ticket Exchange if they miss some games through illness, shift working etc

I liked Colin’s idea of reducing ticket prices for younger fans (ideal for when the new Stand is built) if they go to more games.

I think freezing or reducing ticket prices where a season card has been used for every home game that season is needed. Also, people shouldn’t be getting ticket points for games where their season card isn’t used. People have he opportunity to pass on season cards to friends and family or use the Ticket Exchange if they miss some games through illness, shift working etc

I liked Colin’s idea of reducing ticket prices for younger fans (ideal for when the new Stand is built) if they go to more games.
My only qualm with that is what if you pass your ticket to a mate because of any of the above reasons and on the day they cannot make it? I missed a home game due to a wedding this season, I gave my ticket to my mate who I stand with every game for his Dad to use, a few hours before kick off he told him he needed to work, don't really think I should have got stung in that instance for my ticket not being used for one match.

The biggest clanger the club dropped post-takeover regarding the stadium was the 2010 "lets give each stand it's own identity" push. It was a shit idea at the time to force those in the North Stand level 1, who had been in those season ticket seats since Platt Lane, to other areas of the stadium to make the stadium a two tier Family Stand. People were either priced out or the North Stand-ers (who weren't renowned for making noise) were put into the same priced South Stand which then had an effect on the atmosphere in the ground as non-singer season ticket holders were put in the place of singing non-season ticket one off match goers.

Fast forward to 2015 when the third tier of the South Stand is open there is a cheaper alternative in the ground so people move up there. The North Stand is still a two tier Family Stand, does it need to be? We could turn the North Stand level 1 into a cheaper priced section and probably generate a much better atmosphere at both ends of the ground and it could be FULL.

My only qualm with that is what if you pass your ticket to a mate because of any of the above reasons and on the day they cannot make it? I missed a home game due to a wedding this season, I gave my ticket to my mate who I stand with every game for his Dad to use, a few hours before kick off he told him he needed to work, don't really think I should have got stung in that instance for my ticket not being used for one match.

The biggest clanger the club dropped post-takeover regarding the stadium was the 2010 "lets give each stand it's own identity" push. It was a shit idea at the time to force those in the North Stand level 1, who had been in those season ticket seats since Platt Lane, to other areas of the stadium to make the stadium a two tier Family Stand. People were either priced out or the North Stand-ers (who weren't renowned for making noise) were put into the same priced South Stand which then had an effect on the atmosphere in the ground as non-singer season ticket holders were put in the place of singing non-season ticket one off match goers.

Fast forward to 2015 when the third tier of the South Stand is open there is a cheaper alternative in the ground so people move up there. The North Stand is still a two tier Family Stand, does it need to be? We could turn the North Stand level 1 into a cheaper priced section and probably generate a much better atmosphere at both ends of the ground and it could be FULL.

Maybe be there could be an allowance for one empty seat per season.

I was in the North stand Level 1 and then moved to 206 in the East Stand. I moved to 209 when Joe’s Proces come in. I switch to South Stand L1 for the odd game to join the better atmosphere.

I would make the North Stand L1 and South Stand L1 Safet Standing with affordable ticket prices. I reckon Northbound Stand L2 would work fine for the Family Stand / blocks and then a new third tier or top half of an extended North Stand L2 could match the prices in South Stand L3. I would name some of the stands after this great era of players eg South Stand Level 2 could be the David Silva etc.

We’ve got to encourage more younger fans to go and it’s noticeable how many play on the parks with Barca tops who aren’t attracted to Utd. A lot of people have said on here that the current family Stand doesn’t have many youngsters in it.

Here is a topic that should go right to the top of the agenda:
at the dippers game, We had our usual pints on the concourse before the game and of four pints purchased, the plastic 'glass' split on two of them it was so thin. Net result a bloody beery mess. Now the bar staff were great and replaced them both but bloody hell! City, ruining football and dampening chips in equal measure.

Surely the club can afford a contract that comes with glasses that don't split and soak the customer. And another thing, we shouldn't be advocating single use plastic neither. Poor fucking turtles. @Prestwich_Blue sort it out mate! ;-

I honestly think it's road we shouldn't go down punishing fans for missing games, could be any reason why folk are not attending than just they can't be arsed.

I honestly think it's road we shouldn't go down punishing fans for missing games, could be any reason why folk are not attending than just they can't be arsed.

Your are probably right. Maybe there is a way of rewarding people who go to every game that isn’t seen as a punishment on others but I realise that’s a difficult balancing act.

Well done an honest and insightful post
And yes City matters should be dealing with issues that affect all supporters and not just those who want to try and carve out tickets for a select group. I have a sneaking feeling the club are using this as a way of getting rid of the ticket points and bringing something else in that they can control .
To add to your priorities, I’d also add the difficulty in buying home tickets and the ridiculous queues to just get in to the ground.

I’ve asked several times why 16-25 year olds? They are under represented as season ticket holders so would be under represented at away games.

Late to the debate ….. do all members that qualify meet the selling criteria that mcfc put down? Does your system allow queue jumping?

Not getting arsey at all but given the 18-25 proposal is to take the 150 from those of us with a genuine purchase history I'm merely curious as to why SC members should still be able to jump the queue?
Correct penalising people that have done the miles
Why not reduce the corps and club allocation as more often than not these are the ones that get moved on

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.