Pneumonia

Rags, obviously. It pisses me off every time they win, every time I see positive spin written about them in the media and every time they sign a decent player. In an ideal world they would be found out to have cheated their way to everything they won in the 90s and 00s and have those honours expunged. They would go bankrupt and drop down to League 2, languishing there for decades, while we won trophies every season.

I don't particularly like Liverpool, but they're a transient dislike because they're currently our biggest threat. If it was Chelsea or Spurs then I'd hate them more than Liverpool. But I'd rather Liverpool or anyone else won the league than those fucking vermin from Stretford.

Afraid this isn't true. No A&E doctor is waiting for conclusive results as to viral or bacterial pathology, they're getting a chest X-ray & a set of bloods because they come back quickly, then if there's evidence of infection antibiotics will be given - no one will be waiting for cultures as there's simply no time for that. They'll use scoring systems (i.e. CURB-65) & clinical experience to guide where the patient then goes (i.e. home/admission).

I know all about the CURB score, and I shan't be arguing with you but in my experience Drs no longer hand out antibiotics silly Billy and those that do shouldn't be. No one said wait for cultures, infection markers look different in a viral pneumonia.

I know all about the CURB score, and I shan't be arguing with you but in my experience Drs no longer hand out antibiotics silly Billy and those that do shouldn't be. No one said wait for cultures, infection markers look different in a viral pneumonia.
Treating pneumonia with antibiotics is not handing out antibiotics 'silly Billy' It is entirely appropriate and responsible and the recommended treatment.
Most pneumonias are treated in the community by GP's who don't have the resources to take everyone's blood who they treat.
If they did it would make no difference blood tests do not reliably distinguish between viral and bacterial pneumonia.
I don't know where you are getting your information from but I'm afraid you have been misinformed.

The Norovirus is in full swing I think I’ve got it fukin murder stomach cramps and sweating like a bag head PAINS DOWN MY THIGHS THE TTROTS TOO

You’ll know you’ve got it when you simultaneously have Diarrhoea and projectile vomiting.

I don't know where you are getting your information from but I'm afraid you have been misinformed.

I'm getting from the fact I've been prescribing drugs for 15 years. But you carry on telling me blood tests can't reliably identify a difference between a bacteria and a virus.

I'm getting from the fact I've been prescribing drugs for 15 years. But you carry on telling me blood tests can't reliably identify a difference between a bacteria and a virus.
Presumably even people who prescribe have to get their information from somewhere, it doesn't just arrive out of the blue.
Both the British thoracic society guidelines pointed to earlier and the Nice guidelines state that a diagnosis of pneumonia means giving antibiotics .
Pneumonia is a potentially serious condition and once diagnosed antibiotics are prescribed whether or not you think it may be viral if it is bacterial and not treated the results can be serious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.