The VW emissions fiasco

In USA anyone who bought one got compensation, yet in the U.K. they got fuck all, typical rip off. Britain.

Yes.

I'm in a class action against VW via Slater and Gordon. VW will fight this all the way. See why below.

British motorists taking VW to court in the ‘dieselgate’ scandal have accused the car giant of insulting their intelligence by refusing to admit any UK wrongdoing in the emissions cheating scandal.

VW lodged its defence at the High Court in London at 5pm (BST) on Friday (July 6) in response to a 39-page submission from lawyers representing more than 60,000 British claimants who have applied to seek compensation.

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/medi...egal-defence-in-emissions-scandal-court-case/

I'm in that too (with slater and gordon) no great hopes though

You probably know more about this than me mate. I just thought I would give it a shot with Slater Gordon. I am not expecting anything but it’s a pisstake that they settled in the States and offered sweet F.A. to UK drivers. I no longer have the car and the scandal didn’t really cost me anything

You probably know more about this than me mate. I just thought I would give it a shot with Slater Gordon. I am not expecting anything but it’s a pisstake that they settled in the States and offered sweet F.A. to UK drivers. I no longer have the car and the scandal didn’t really cost me anything

The T&C's of the claim say Slater & Gordon can recover up to 100% of the winnings to cover their own costs - so we can win and receive nothing. It's worth a shot though.

The T&C's of the claim say Slater & Gordon can recover up to 100% of the winnings to cover their own costs - so we can win and receive nothing. It's worth a shot though.

Thanks very much mate for the info. I had only read the headline T-shirt and Cs so missed the small print. My secondary aim is to get VW to clean up their act. I might make it a personal mission if I go to Schalke lol

Incidentally the whole system is a complete joke anyway.

First of all, the absolutely ridiculous concept of taxing a vehicle according to how much CO2 it outputs, whilst taking absolutely zero account of how many miles someone drives it.

An 8 litre Hummer which does a nominal 9 mpg uses far less fuel than a Toyota Prius if I leave the the Humvy in the garage and do 100,000 miles a year in the Prius. The sensible way to tax C02 output is to tax fuel, since that's the thing that produces the CO2. Simply owning the car does not.

The system is a joke.

This 100%. Better still, the thousands of foreign lorry drivers who pound our roads daily, chuck out litter and shit on our verges would pay something towards the fcukin privilege. We are suckers.

Completely wrong.
I did some work with the company that actually wrote the 'cheat' software for VW. The software was nothing to do with making the vehicles look more economical - it was all to do with the lowering of the co2 emissions regarding pollution. The software detected when the vehicle was in 'test mode'. Example: if the steering wasn't touched for a certain length of time or the vehicle did not change direction (because it was on a ramp) etc.
The 100% sole intention was to show a lower co2 emission figure which means the vehicles do not pollute as much as they actually do. It was completely and totally immoral on every level. The amazing thing is that VW is 20% state owned. Hence the reason they have effectively got away with it in the broadest sense.
Correct.
And after this Im totally gobsmacked that anyone would even consider buying a car and supporting this company.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.