“City Matters” fan committee

I tried mate sent 2 emails to the branch address given to me by Kevin Parker but got no response , I’m not sending it a 3rd time. Obviously don’t want new members that live 20 miles from there location.

That’s a shame mate. Occasionally you get the situation where someone has put their hand up to be the Branch Secretary but isn’t prepared to put in the graft to grow the Club.

No mate but as soon as I know I will let you know. We / our credit card normally gets charged within a few weeks of tickets being confirmed so we should know soon.
So you actually no if you have a Schalke ticket already but just don’t no the cost ? If so that’s the point I’m making , supporters clubs have been told over a week now yet nothing been posted for the rest of us .

That’s a shame mate. Occasionally you get the situation where someone has put their hand up to be the Branch Secretary but isn’t prepared to put in the graft to grow the Club.
I’m not begging anyone to join there club , if they aren’t interested in new members now then don’t expect me to join when numbers drop off .

So you actually no if you have a Schalke ticket already but just don’t no the cost ? If so that’s the point I’m making , supporters clubs have been told over a week now yet nothing been posted for the rest of us .

I’ve had a look on the Schalke web site for you but I’m afraid their prices are on a restricted part of their website. They have moved up to 13th in the League btw.

OK mate. I hadn’t realised that info I had provided you to help you was going to be used to try and make a point against me or Supporters Clubs. It’s published information that Supporters Club Branches are getting 20 percent of away tickets so maybe the OSC has been able to work out allocations in adavance of exact price details etc.

I can understand people being frustrated about ticket allocations and lack of information. At the end of the day our rivals are the Scousers and the Rags and not parts of our own fan base.

OK mate. I hadn’t realised that info I had provided you to help you was going to be used to try and make a point against me or Supporters Clubs. It’s published information that Supporters Club Branches are getting 20 percent of away tickets so maybe the OSC has been able to work out allocations in adavance of exact price details etc.

I can understand people being frustrated about ticket allocations and lack of information. At the end of the day our rivals are the Scousers and the Rags and not parts of our own fan base.
You have taken it the wrong way mate , not having a go at you at all , apologies if it came across that way. The point I was trying to make was why isn’t everyone given ticket info at the same time ?

You have taken it the wrong way mate , not having a go at you at all , apologies if it came across that way. The point I was trying to make was why isn’t everyone given ticket info at the same time ?
Took the club 2 months to sort out our City Matters email addresses so the information on Schalke tickets should be up sometime in mid-March.

But good point & I'll bring it up. We're just in the process of arranging a Ticketing Working Group meeting but should be in about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
True, I have also been in charge of ticket distribution for a OSC which no longer operates.

Every paid up member who wanted a ticket for X game (season ticket holder or not) would put their name forward.

Out of an application of lets say 30, we might get 22. So I would ask those with higher points to get their own so to help out other members.

Did I try and sort out the members I was better mates with regardless of points? Of course I did.

Did I get asked "My cousin/brother/sister/dad/uncle from another country is coming over he'd love to get a ticket for X away next month is there anything you could sort?"? Yes, if we got the full allocation of tickets I could sort out and points would have got put against a member who wasn't even going to a game.

Just being honest, not proud of it. I'm sure the example above happens all the time.

Going back to the actual thread - I believe City Matters should be focusing on the bigger issues facing season ticket holders at City i.e. continued unjustified season ticket price increases, the Platinum scheme, and the continuing issue of games being sold out or attendances being reported as 50 odd thousand when the North Stand tier 1 is sparse. As said in my previous post, the issue of away tickets only comes up for probably 4 out of 50+ games a season.

Thanks for being honest and marries perfectly with my experience of an OSC in the 90's/00's for aways that will remain unnamed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.