Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart Brennan in the MEN tonight has had a go at Linekar and Carragher for their comments about our empty seats. He actually quoted the poster on here who replied to Linekars quip, saying his mum would love to go but had to pay her tv licence to help pay his 12 million salary.
In a way FFP works against poor fans, because it forces club owners to maximise revenues rather than keep ticket prices affordable - even if they are not greedy and want to help the fans, they are not allowed to partly subsidise fans in any way.

As it stands, City have significantly lower ticket / matchday revenues than rivals, despite being among the top six consistently by attendance. But that's effectively punished by FFP.

In a way FFP works against poor fans, because it forces club owners to maximise revenues rather than keep ticket prices affordable - even if they are not greedy and want to help the fans, they are not allowed to partly subsidise fans in any way.

As it stands, City have significantly lower ticket / matchday revenues than rivals, despite being among the top six consistently by attendance. But that's effectively punished by FFP.
That's a great call.

I wonder if that is raised now will Mr Gill demand abolishing the rules in light of Uniteds wage problem?

There is certainly an argument that without FFP rules, ticket prices would be lower.

Also, as you point out PPV fees would be lower as clubs wouldn't be trying to maximise revenues from TV companies.

Nah, What am I saying?

Agree, I think that’s why city try to improve the whole match day experience for fans so some ‘value for money’

That's a great call.

I wonder if that is raised now will Mr Gill demand abolishing the rules in light of Uniteds wage problem?

There is certainly an argument that without FFP rules, ticket prices would be lower.

Also, as you point out PPV fees would be lower as clubs wouldn't be trying to maximise revenues from TV companies.

Nah, What am I saying?
This is one of the main premises of the fan's case against FFP currently in the Belgian courts.

Stuart Brennan in the MEN tonight has had a go at Linekar and Carragher for their comments about our empty seats. He actually quoted the poster on here who replied to Linekars quip, saying his mum would love to go but had to pay her tv licence to help pay his 12 million salary.
The constant sneering at working class matchgoing fans is one the reasons people like Carragher get confronted by people and end up spitting at them. This relentless narrative on social media is driven by people who don't have to pay for their tickets or who never attend matches. Those who attend games know how expensive and difficult it can be, especially after Christmas. Carragher and Lineker should know better but I am never surprised how quickly people who make a few bob forget their roots.

Zoe Raghead starts Monday. She's already saying she's delighted with her £1.2m salary even though it is way below what Dipper Evans was getting. Perhaps she needs to be told that nearly 8000 will have their colour tv licence gobbled up to pay for it! They have no idea!

The constant sneering at working class matchgoing fans is one the reasons people like Carragher get confronted by people and end up spitting at them. This relentless narrative on social media is driven by people who don't have to pay for their tickets or who never attend matches. Those who attend games know how expensive and difficult it can be, especially after Christmas. Carragher and Lineker should know better but I am never surprised how quickly people who make a few bob forget their roots.
I have always said to fellow blues that I have total respect to the match going fans. With the price of tickets and travel they must fork out a fortune. I can only go to a few
games as my work gets in the way so it my piss boil when you get freeloaders saying this kind of stuff. If I ever came across the likes of jugears or spit the dog at the airport I would give the fuckers grief.

Who gives a flying *uck just check the London Gazette for when they declare themselves bankrupt
Their inability to grasp the digital change makes them more and more dependant on the views of their expensively researched subscriber base.

Survival is the only thing they are focused on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.