I'd like to ask our resident jocks how they make perfect porridge ?

WTF, you don't like portidge MP?

I've been eating it 6 mornings a week for months. I thought I'd ask you caber tossers as my Scottish mate Jimmy once made me a bowl. He made it with water and salt. It just needed a couple of rolls of wallpaper to accompany it. And he also cooked me belly pork for breckie. I think it was fattier from that one of the Viz fats slags.

You’ve been eating it 6 mornings a week, for months!
Are you in Strangways?

It's not traditional but I make mine with a sliced small (or half a larger) banana and a handful of frozen blackberries or blueberries. I put the fruit in with the oats and use 1/2 skimmed milk and 1/2 water.

Have that pretty much every morning, keeps me going until lunchtime. Really tastes great.

Yeah but a bacon buttie keeps you going until lunchtime and tastes even better.........

Lol. How did you guess?

TBH the benefits are good, very low fat, keeps the cholesterol down and hunger pangs to snack on other food. And there's goodness in the chopped dates/walnuts and honey.
I know all the benefits. I just eat too much of it “oats”. Anything with oats in it!

When you soak it overnight do you then drain it and use filtered salty water
I do mine on a low heat with semi skimmed milk. I don't bother soaking the oats, but what I've noticed is sometimes when the milk is at boiling point and the oats arn't soft enough, I remove from the hob for about 5 mins,maybe add a splash more milk. Then reheat a minute or two gently on a low heat and it's enough to cook the oats through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.