Rio Ferdinand

That's the trouble with pundits is they feel the have to give or people want to hear their opinion, on everything.
If he was more intelligent, he would just have to say, look I'm not party to Newcastle's finances. Ask me about football,
at least I have a minimal understanding of that.

I think it is a bit different tbf. I can’t think of an example of a pundit being as blatant as that about a player (happy to be proved wrong though?). Regardless, he’s categorically lying about what Ashley spent to get them promoted. It didn’t come out of his pocket. Imagine being a Newcastle fan listening to that? You’d be understandably furious.

Yeah I agree.

Especially as the line of questioning was directly referencing the fact that Newcastle fans had specifically called him out of his lack of criticism drawing links to his business deals with Ashley

A pundit abusing his position on TV to defend a universally loathed owner, simply because he has a business deal with him?
Ah right, now it makes sense.
Funny you mention a pundit abusing his position on tv as Gary Neville does it religiously about the rags as does that prick Andy Goldstein on talkshite.
Only recently Neville was touting pochettino for the utd job at every given chance whenever he appeared on sky, it's scandalous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.