Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I'm sold on Rice

He won't be the only player we need at DM, will still need another one

Get him in with Pep and Fernandino showing him the ropes, he can go to another level

I'm sold on Rice

He won't be the only player we need at DM, will still need another one

Get him in with Pep and Fernandino showing him the ropes, he can go to another level
We will only get one in the summer and it won't be him, Maybe the year after when Fernandinho leaves it could be him.

Not aimed at me, I know, but Gundogan is fine for the lesser teams. Not enough against the top teams. Can you see Gundogan setting the pace like fern did against Liverpool last week? He was at mane inside 30 seconds.
Gundogan isn’t the answer.

Last season Gundogan started 3 consecutive games against top teams when Fernandinho was unavailable and City won the 3 games and Gundogan done really well.

Gundogan never impressed when he replace Silvas or KDB, but he always do well imo when replacing Fernandinho.

Rice can be anything. Not too sure if he's a defender or midfielder. I don't think he is at the level were at yet. Also you never know if he will ever get there. Guessing we have a good youth to bring in from the youth system that would do the job Rice does. How is Gomes doing at the moment thought he might make the break into the squad.

Rice can be anything. Not too sure if he's a defender or midfielder. I don't think he is at the level were at yet. Also you never know if he will ever get there. Guessing we have a good youth to bring in from the youth system that would do the job Rice does. How is Gomes doing at the moment thought he might make the break into the squad.
Sandler, Pozo and Garcia would be the 3 you'd be looking at in the EDS, guessing Gomes isn't too close as Guardiola hasn't had him around too many squads.

Reminds me of clarke at newcastle ..good defender can play dcm but so limited.
There is little comparison .Clarke is a defender nothing else. Rice is composed on the ball, reads the game well , only tackles when he needs to. He is very mature and now playing regular football in the premier league. Letting him be bought by another club would be similar to missing out on Van Dijk.

There is little comparison .Clarke is a defender nothing else. Rice is composed on the ball, reads the game well , only tackles when he needs to. He is very mature and now playing regular football in the premier league. Letting him be bought by another club would be similar to missing out on Van Dijk.

I think I’d have to agree, he has the potential to be at the class required for our team. I’d give him a go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.