General transfer rumours

Gundogan.. coming back to form. But him and David Silva stand in the way of Foden. With Silva seeing out his contract should we be selling Gundogan for big money simply to arm ourselves and to show great books in FFP (youth sales are already making good on that front). What's everyone's opinion?

Gundogan.. coming back to form. But him and David Silva stand in the way of Foden. With Silva seeing out his contract should we be selling Gundogan for big money simply to arm ourselves and to show great books in FFP (youth sales are already making good on that front). What's everyone's opinion?
Mine is that there is no way we should be weakening the squad in the January window, which is what selling Ilkay would do. We couldnt replace him in time, at a profit, and like him or not we are stronger with him right now. We'll need him this season half of the season.

Elsewhere I'd say credit to Sarri for calling out Bayern for their usual undermining tactics. Snidey buggers have been at it for years. They'll be in his ear pushing him to request a transfer next

Goal seems to think we might be interested in Ghoulam from Napoli.

I’m sure one of the ITK’s on here said a deal was in place a few years back as his contract was running down, he then did his ACL vs us. So deal was off and he signed a new deal.

FFP this year is irrelevant, we’re not far off a zero net spend after the sale of Diaz.
Perhaps £25/£20m.

Gundogan has his detractors no doubt, but I get the feeling Pep loves him.
Having watched Liverpool’s second string look utter toss vs Wolves, I think Gundogan is vastly underrated and is a fantastic squad player. He could go to all but a hand full of clubs in world football and start every week.

FFP this year is irrelevant, we’re not far off a zero net spend after the sale of Diaz.
Perhaps £25/£20m.

Gundogan has his detractors no doubt, but I get the feeling Pep loves him.
Having watched Liverpool’s second string look utter toss vs Wolves, I think Gundogan is vastly underrated and is a fantastic squad player. He could go to all but a hand full of clubs in world football and start every week.

A fully fit Gundogan is a great addition to any squad. But FFP would be relevant if we wanted a £150-200m player - I know it's unlikely but you have to prepare for that player becoming available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.