Camper Van conversions

ajtedf.jpg

Bought this old 1957 gem a couple of years back. First order was to change the wheel bearings and new tyres. Have since rebuilt the seats and bed, not gonna worry about water, it's too cold here most of the year to fuck with it

Been thinking about what to do in retirement a few years from now and the idea of travelling around Europe in a camper van appeals to me. Been watching loads of YouTube vids about people who have taken an old panel van and converted it themselves into their own little homes on wheels. There's some really good ones. It's quite a straight forward thing to do it seems and would be a nice little project to do for a few months prior to the big 'off'. The trick is to stick a couple of solar panels on the roof so your power can all be derived off-grid whilst the panel van retains its panel van appearance from the outside. Therefore you are able to 'stealth-camp' pretty much anywhere you want without having to pay campsite fees etc.
What do you reckon?

No need to stealth camp in Europe. Lots of cheap/free camping everywhere.

Very true. Spent the last couple of years looking for a vw until i realised they were just too small and overpriced.
My mate did the same. He then bought a nearly new Renault traffic van ( viavaro) and had it converted into a camper. Looks great.

ajtedf.jpg

Bought this old 1957 gem a couple of years back. First order was to change the wheel bearings and new tyres. Have since rebuilt the seats and bed, not gonna worry about water, it's too cold here most of the year to fuck with it

Whats all that white stuff mate ?

Or buy a camper van.

Have you seen the prices. There are a few on a garage forecourt near us .....the cheapest being £25k for basically a 6 year old transit with a bad, factor in all the running costs and the mither of keeping it and then imagine how many B&Bs that would pay for...Get a Bedford Rascal and a lilo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.