Girona FC 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe so.
Hope I’m not speaking too soon but Girona under Sacristan seem to be exceeding the pre season expectations of them.
In other news, there’s rumours that Barcelona are thinking of triggering Cristian Stuani’s €15m release clause.

Stuani going would completely fuck them. He's scored more than half their goals, and the ones he doesn't score are usually created by him causing havoc.

If Roberts comes back in the form he was prior to his injury, Girona will probably get Europa League, without Stuani they'll might be in relegation trouble.

Last edited:
Very good to see that Aleix Garcia and Douglas Luiz are doing so well out in Catalonia (Spain?). Honestly, I've barely seen either of them play. Does anyone who's seen more think that either of them could do the sort of job that Fern is doing? Not as good, obviously, but getting towards that holding-break up role? We've obviously got to have a plan B, and even a plan C as regards De Jong at this point.

Stuani going would completely fuck them. He's scored more than half their goals, and the ones he doesn't score are usually created by him causing havoc.

If Roberts comes back in the form he was prior to his injury, Girona will probably get Europa League, without Stuani they'll might be in relegation trouble.
It’s all very compressed in the middle of La Liga ATM, isn’t it? Only 5 points covering 7-17th so quick rises and falls are possible.

Very good to see that Aleix Garcia and Douglas Luiz are doing so well out in Catalonia (Spain?). Honestly, I've barely seen either of them play. Does anyone who's seen more think that either of them could do the sort of job that Fern is doing? Not as good, obviously, but getting towards that holding-break up role? We've obviously got to have a plan B, and even a plan C as regards De Jong at this point.
Maybe in a few years for Aleix, the timing is wrong (he's too young/raw and Dinho too old, we'd need to sign someone). Don't really rate Luiz tbh.

Luiz? Midtable team quality, if he works had.

What about Garcia?
He's better imo. Just maybe a bit green. I could see him in a Europa league team in a couple of years. Not the position of Fernandinho, though.

Pd:I am terrible at judging a player potential.

Aleix Garcia playing against Barcelona right now, good time to check him in action. Luiz on the bench, they usually rotate playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.