Paul Scholes - Has 'left' Oldham (p20)

He's got no chance. Car crash of a club run by loons who don't have a pot to piss in

There's far more experienced managers with decent track records who have failed miserably there

Nice bloke but maybe not the best pundit(ok understatement). Think he could make a good coach not sure about manager though. I'm sure the Latic's fans will love him.
I,m sure they will love him...
"Meat pie,Sausage Rolls!
Our new manager is paul scholes!!"

All the best at oldham paul.

Reactions: SVP
It is strange how these clubs make their decisions. Hughes, Bruce, G Neville, Giggs, Keane and the rest - played football under Ferguson, ergo will make a great manager. Er, no it doesn't work like that. One is playing football on a football pitch, the other is a football manager. They are different jobs which require completely different skills FFS. Ask Thierry Henry.
In the late 70's and early 80's it was ex Leeds players getting the jobs because they had worked with Don Revie - Billy Bremner, Alan Clarke, Johnny Giles, Terry Cooper, Trevor Cherry, Joe Jordan, Norman Hunter....

Last edited:
In the late 70's and early 80's it was ex Leeds players getting the jobs because they had worked with Don Revie - Billy Bremner, Alan Clarke, Johnny Giles, Terry Cooper, Trevor Cherry, Joe Jordan, Norman Hunter....
The Great Don Revie had Manchester City connections and,history with 'The Revie plan' ..and was a success as a manager..

The rest,with no city connections whatsoever,all crashed and burned.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was the Jose Mourinho of the day. Anti football, boring and thuggish.
Mate.lLeeds utd played some good stuff during that time.and you know it.a lot of their stylish approach play is overlooked due to their match fixing,thuggish cynical on field behaviour and their fans....but every one of those players,under Revie,could play football..when they wanted.
Ask Southampton.
I,m no leeds fan but you must have been blind not to appreciate the finer points of Revies Leeds utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.