Next League Games

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Liverpool's fixtures, we'll need to beat Arsenal and Chelsea just to stay in touch.

I've just finished my 4th can and about to go to bed - whilst I accept mine is more a 'Doomsday' scenario, I haven't read/heard that much against it

After we lost to Chelsea the dippers would have been thinking, right they have Palace at home and Leicester away coming up. Two wins there for them. But beat them at the Etihad and we can go top. Then we lost those two and they had established a gap. We have clawed three points back by beating them. They scraped past Brighton and Palace and got knocked out of the cup.

In February we need to claw another three back. Yes we have tough games but we beat all of those sides last season so we can do it. Gap down to 4pts. Then do the same in March. 1pt. Then April. Go top. Then May. Win the league. You can't throw in the towel now. Our form before we lost two on the bounce suggested for a season and a half we would average 50points per 19 games. We were on for 100pts again. If we avoid blips in the second half we will still win the league.

Remember that they have Bayern in the CL too. Two fixtures that will be incredibly tough. And we will have a game in hand by the end of Feb.

After we lost to Chelsea the dippers would have been thinking, right they have Palace at home and Leicester away coming up. Two wins there for them. But beat them at the Etihad and we can go top. Then we lost those two and they had established a gap. We have clawed three points back by beating them. They scraped past Brighton and Palace and got knocked out of the cup.

In February we need to claw another three back. Yes we have tough games but we beat all of those sides last season so we can do it. Gap down to 4pts. Then do the same in March. 1pt. Then April. Go top. Then May. Win the league. You can't throw in the towel now. Our form before we lost two on the bounce suggested for a season and a half we would average 50points per 19 games. We were on for 100pts again. If we avoid blips in the second half we will still win the league.

Remember that they have Bayern in the CL too. Two fixtures that will be incredibly tough. And we will have a game in hand by the end of Feb.
If we can't catch them then fair enough . It just seems like the referees aren't throwing straight dice in their games. I think theyll win it but it's not over yet and as you say we dropped points we weren't expected to so maybe / hopefully they will too

So to cut a long story short, we need to win our next 10 league games :-)

I think we have to beat Arsenal and Chelsea. It won't be easy but we are more than capable at home with a fully fit squad.

Regardless of respective positions, it grinds my fucking gears when people are already waving the white flag at this stage of the season. Especially when we've come from worse situations to win two of the last three titles we've won.
Get a fucking grip.
No white flag in hand but we must be realistic. It is out of our hands and to have a chance we must put pressure on them by winning the next four or five games. Anything can happen if we are charging down the straight behind them in April. They might bottle it like before. The big problem is, however, can we win enough games to turn up the heat.
We should draw hope from those previous situations of course but no two seasons are the same and we should appreciate that. Importantly, we won those leagues because we were able to finish strongly and take advantage of the slip ups.Maybe we won't be able to repeat that if the opportunity arises this time. I like to stick with the bookies prediction which is that we have about a 40% chance of winning it, which is fine by me.

So to cut a long story short, we need to win our next 10 league games :-)
Maybe. We must match and try to better what the Dippers do over the next 10 games. Their form and luck so far this season suggests they may not drop much. Put it like this I don't think we can afford to drop any more points at home with maybe one loss and a draw on the road max. That will take some doing and may not even be enough. What is essential is that if the gap widens to 7 or more we are probably fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.