Next League Games

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are in a perfect situation . Best team thrives on pressure.Everyone is wetting themselves looking at the fixtures but only if football had an eye . Nothing is granted.
So as Frankie says ...

No white flag in hand but we must be realistic. It is out of our hands and to have a chance we must put pressure on them by winning the next four or five games. Anything can happen if we are charging down the straight behind them in April. They might bottle it like before. The big problem is, however, can we win enough games to turn up the heat.
We should draw hope from those previous situations of course but no two seasons are the same and we should appreciate that. Importantly, we won those leagues because we were able to finish strongly and take advantage of the slip ups.Maybe we won't be able to repeat that if the opportunity arises this time. I like to stick with the bookies prediction which is that we have about a 40% chance of winning it, which is fine by me.

Realistic is there's 15 games to go and we're 4 points behind, a lead of 4 points can vanish in 2 matches . I've watched enough football to know that titles are handed out in May. If they weren't then there'd be no point in carrying on watching.
What the bookies think is irrelevant. Their odds are designed to make them as much money as possible rather than a reflection of what they think will happen.
I'm frankly appalled at the defeatism on show.

Maybe. We must match and try to better what the Dippers do over the next 10 games. Their form and luck so far this season suggests they may not drop much. Put it like this I don't think we can afford to drop any more points at home with maybe one loss and a draw on the road max. That will take some doing and may not even be enough. What is essential is that if the gap widens to 7 or more we are probably fucked.

I look it this way. If we were four points ahead with 15 games to go, most of us would still be pretty nervous.

That's despite having a team of serial winners and Centurions.

Coupled with the fact we do have a superior squad, you only have to imagine what the jitters might be for Liverpool players and cultists.

Multiply that by 100 with six games left.

People forget, us winning the FA Cup the year before our Aguero moment proved a major component.

Liverpool don't even have a recent history of silverware to ease those nerves.

They are entering deep water and don't know yet if they can swim effectively without armbands.

For further context, your present Liverpool supporter would have to be at least 20 years old just to remember their Champions League comeback win.

And upwards of 36 to remember a title win.

If we are two points or less behind them by the time they play the rags that's when the pressure starts to build. In fact the pressure will build everytime they go out to play knowing that one more slip could let us in. I suspect that we will require in excess of 96 points to win the league this year which means we can barely afford any mistakes.

First chance we've had in ages to go within a point and put real pressure on them before they play.

We play first a few times now so this could be a crucial period of the season coming up.

Two huge games this week, win both and I think we'll win the league.

If we are two points or less behind them by the time they play the rags that's when the pressure starts to build. In fact the pressure will build everytime they go out to play knowing that one more slip could let us in. I suspect that we will require in excess of 96 points to win the league this year which means we can barely afford any mistakes.

If (fingers crossed) we beat Everton & Chelsea we should be top level on pts with them when they travel to the rags that's the dippers game in hand because Everton was brought forward.

Just noticed your wrote this 2 weeks ago ha. But anyway :)

If (fingers crossed) we beat Everton & Chelsea we should be top level on pts with them when they travel to the rags
Every game is a final now but this week in particular feels like it could be season defining. Winning those two games would be a big statement.

If we beat Newport or United beat Chelsea in the FA Cup then the derby gets moved, probably to the back-end of the season. With that in mind, our next six fixtures are all very winnable. Of course we can't take them for granted after what has happened against Leicester, Palace and Newcastle but if we want to win the league we should really be winning all six.

West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Watford (H)
Fulham (A)
Cardiff (H)
Crystal Palace (A)

In that time, Liverpool play United away, Spurs and Chelsea at home. Plus the Merseyside derby at Goodison.

If we beat Newport or United beat Chelsea in the FA Cup then the derby gets moved, probably to the back-end of the season. With that in mind, our next six fixtures are all very winnable. Of course we can't take them for granted after what has happened against Leicester, Palace and Newcastle but if we want to win the league we should really be winning all six.

West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Watford (H)
Fulham (A)
Cardiff (H)
Crystal Palace (A)

In that time, Liverpool play United away, Spurs and Chelsea at home. Plus the Merseyside derby at Goodison.

Defo favorable fixtures, but as you said. can't get complacent. Be interesting to see if Klopp scraps the Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.