Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This conversation has made me wonder why PSG and City fans (not the owners btw) haven't made any effort to band together over this sort of stuff more.

Depends on the currency.
Thank you for your input. I stand corrected.

I really like City policy and choices. They didn't do a lot of mistakes compared to the other big sides (except maybe for the CB ?).

I love Bernardo Silva at Monaco and you got that gem of a footballer. You are indeed very lucky !

Ottamendi took a while to settle in but to be honest, I think it was the only way we were going to get our money that Valencia owed us.
They were both bought from eurozone clubs. It was Buffon.

Is the correct answer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...n-City-spent-money-European-teams-decade.html

Explain to me why you are so concerned about PSG spending but City and Barcelona spending doesn't seem to be noticed by you ?

People get to talk about PSG spending because they spend BIG in some players. The rest of the squad is "cheap".

Compare to City that had the world record for a goalkeeper, world record for fullbacks, world record for CB etc. There is maybe not a single player on the pitch that is under 40/50.

PSG does have Neymar + Mbappé (who will be 180 only when sold or new contract) but they have spent 0 € on both goalkeepers, they have spent a grand total of 6 M€ for both left fullbacks, spent 31 for both right fullbacks, spent 120 for their combined 4 CB (30 average), spent 15 on Verratti, 0 on Rabiot, 60 for Cavani, 0 for Choupo-Moting, 60 for Di maria, 40 for Draxler.

As you can see, City has spent way more overall but balanced it around the whole squad. PSG bought some superstars and did utility for the rest of squad.

It is actually pretty easy to understand why. PSG doesn't have the luxury of being a La Liga or Premier League team. They need to grow their image and brand despite the low image of la Ligue 1. Thus, they opted for the strategy Real Madrid used when Florentino Perez managed Real Madrid the first time : the Galactico era. The goal is to help increase the profile of the club and league thanks to such big names that are great players but also marketing powerhouses.PSG just can't do what City is doing and City doesn't need to do what PSG is doing. Different contexts call for different politics despite chasing the same goals.

In conclusion, don't focus on only the big transfers to make a conclusion. City is above any other club in net spend and Barcelona is way above anyone in wage bill. Still PSG is the only one club called out for "money".

Maybe a 2011 onward comparison would be fairer.

As others have said we don't have an issue with PSG and it's not your fault you play in a Mickey Mouse league.

Pretty sure it was Buffon.

Buffon cost £32.6 million back in 2001/2 I think. We signed Ederson for £34.7 million which made it the world record at the time then there was Courtois to Real Madrid for £35 million, then Alisson to Liverpool for £66 million and then that was broken again by Chelsea for Kepa and he cost £71 million.

Buffon cost £32.6 million back in 2001/2 I think. We signed Ederson for £34.7 million which made it the world record at the time then there was Courtois to Real Madrid for £35 million, then Alisson to Liverpool for £66 million and then that was broken again by Chelsea for Kepa and he cost £71 million.

We bought him from Benfica and didn't pay in pounds.

Ederson 40 million Euros
Buffon 52 million Euros

Looked back to the 2011-12 season to now & PSG are very shrewd in the market yet we only see the big spending & not the full picture.

I work it out roughly around 600m net spend over the last 7-8 seasons.

After sales they are only spending 100m a season give or take a few £.

There income off selling of players out ways ours unfortunately, we pay big bucks then get stuck with them or send out on loan to fucking Italy or Turkey.

This conversation has made me wonder why PSG and City fans (not the owners btw) haven't made any effort to band together over this sort of stuff more.
Think City fans are not really interested in PSG affairs or don't speak french. PSG fans stay mostly on french speaking platform and we care mostly about our club.
However we do follow what City and now Milan do on the market. The way Milan is actually contesting UEFA and going to TAS (and overturned their ban of Europa League) gave some hope to PSG fan.
We know UEFA is coming for us, since they are ordered to, and even the club direction doesn't know if we will be forced to sell one of Neymar or Mbappé (only if UEFA pull off another trick).

Dunno if you have seen it but they are planning to limit amortization of players value over 3 years in the future (instead of the entire length of contract). This will make transfers with cost of Neymar or Mbappé almost impossible.

Looked back to the 2011-12 season to now & PSG are very shrewd in the market yet we only see the big spending & not the full picture.

I work it out roughly around 600m net spend over the last 7-8 seasons.

After sales they are only spending 100m a season give or take a few £.

There income off selling of players out ways ours unfortunately, we pay big bucks then get stuck with them or send out on loan to fucking Italy or Turkey.
100 mill a year spend after sales for 6 or 7 years is a lot, and if you say it’s 600 over 7 years almost half has been in the last 2 , it’s adding roughly 20 mill amortised onto the outgoings every year. Unless they are increasing takings by that, and they could be I dont know, their losses should be increasing. I’m not complaining as I’ve said just interested how they are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.