Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Hope the club will sign a player strong in the defensive aspect or we will not be able to play KDB-Silva/Silva at same time.

I think De Jong as the 6 will be like Jorginho at Chelsea who just can't defend in the Premier League.
Fernandinho has made 44 tackles this season Jorginho 41, where he beats Jorginho is in headed clearances. So strong in the defensive aspect is more the aerial thing rather than needing a strong tackling sort. No idea what De Jong is like in the air. Jorginho seems easier to press but that could just be having the players around him knowing how position themselves to play out.

Fernandinho has made 44 tackles this season Jorginho 41, where he beats Jorginho is in headed clearances. So strong in the defensive aspect is more the aerial thing rather than needing a strong tackling sort. No idea what De Jong is like in the air. Jorginho seems easier to press but that could just be having the players around him knowing how position themselves to play out.
I suspect the similar number of tackles has more to do with the fact that teams attack Chelsea much more than they dare to do against City.

When you actually watch them Jorginho looks lost there. It could be because its a new environment of course.

He said we were looking at 4 options, I guess when he said that he knew De Jong was out. So maybe Ndombele, Aouar, Neves not sure who else but could be someone no ones even mentioned.

He said we were looking at 4 options, I guess when he said that he knew De Jong was out. So maybe Ndombele, Aouar, Neves not sure who else but could be someone no ones even mentioned.

I doubt we'll be able to afford Ndombele as I can see PSG also being in for him.

Auoar is the best option around feels best equipped to take over for fern without effecting the team too much but I’d bring him and ndombele as a package :D

The thing is PSY are looking for player for that position and maybe Juventus.So we will be locked in 3 way battle anyway.
I hope we have marked upon and probably made moves already while PSG was trying for Fdj.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.