Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

Have there been any links at all? Whether or not he leaves this week, he's free in the summer. I figured there would be some noise.

I understand why people like him as an invididual. He’s soft spoken and smiley, doesn’t complain about City and we gave him a contract which we have to honour unfortunately.

I don’t agree though. Why would he complain? He could have moved without dropping his wage and he chose to stay and “fight for his place” which in his case was nonsense as he knew he wouldn’t win. He had the chance to rebuild his career elsewhere and either didn’t want to or couldn’t through lack of ability.

He is undoubtedly hanging on for his loyalty bonus and a signing on fee. He is entitled to do this but I’m glad most footballers don’t choose this option.

Absolutely disagree that he will be a success at a reasonable level elsewhere whether a passing side or not. Everton fans couldn’t believe he was a footballer and none of his loan clubs wanted to keep him unless he was free in terms of wages and fee.

He’s made his choices and is very rich as a result. Good luck to him but I’ll be glad when he finally goes in June after effectively running his contract down for five years.

I’ve zero respect for him even if he is smiley and had a good debut! ;-)

I can certainly see why a future star like Garcia got the nod over him last night.

He won & so did we! It turned out to be a brilliant decision for him & City in the end. He played a decent amount of games in multiple competitions including an Old Trafford away win, deservedly won 2 winners medals, won over quite a lot of City fans with some strong performances & earned a loan move to a decent Everton side but was unfortunately injured in his second game. It was also brilliant for City because had he accepted the transfer to Crystal Palace we would have paid £25+ million for Johnny Evans & wouldn't have signed Laporte in January & he could have potentially ended up elsewhere. I'm extremely thankful Mangala chose to stay.

In terms of fee versus performance output + on sale value (basically nothing atm), surely one of the worst purchases in our history.

You win some and you lose some - this has been an epic loss.

In terms of fee versus performance output + on sale value (basically nothing atm), surely one of the worst purchases in our history.

You win some and you lose some - this has been an epic loss.

True but every club has them - we haven’t had many others.

Feel a bit sorry for him, which sound a strange thing to say when talking about a multi millionaire. In his interview he seemed like a decent bloke and there were good performances along the way. I`m sure he wanted to be a hero here but sometimes its not meant to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.