Status
Not open for further replies.
Play:

Ederson

Walker Stones Laporte Delph

Fernandinho

Sterling KDB D.Silva Sane

Aguero

(Arguably our best team that, first time this season)

Sane, Sterling, KDB, D.Silva, Aguero - for me, should always start our away Prem League games if possible.

Pep Guardiola refuses to discuss claims from Ernesto Valverde that he acted improperly by talking to Frenkie de Jong while under contract to Ajax. "I don't want to talk about that."

PEP I’m not involved in negotiations about players. The club is incredible and works perfect. Sometimes players go to other places and it happens. The reality is what it is. Sometimes it’s not possible. We have enough players for tomorrow

There's long been some shit stirring going on from Catalan press when it comes to Guardiola, another example imho. Valverde technically did not reference Guardiola but responded to a question about why he didn't talk to De Jong if it was true that Pep made overtures - he basically claimed that he does not operate this way. And this, actually, speaks more to the decision making process at Barcelona currently - the coach has little say in transfers atm and certainly isn't reaching out to players when he himself is not even assured of continuing next season. I found this soundbite more telling about his future at the club then some attack on Guardiola but Catalan press doing their thing for the board

Nevertheless, love that he killed it outright in the pressy and won't give it any oxygen

This has now become a must win game. So let's cut the lead to 1 pt. and pile the pressure on the scousers. Every game now is a must win game from now on in.

Vast majority of players are playing well atm, only question marks are Walker, who is better but still the odd brainfart, Mahrez, who doesn't seem to really come alive until we're 2 or 3 up, and Otamendi, who looks rusty from a lack of games.

With that in mind it's difficult to choose a team. I think Pep would want Mendy in this game given how they will park the club, biker grove and Gazza infront of their goal but is he fit enough? If Dinho is rested for this, as I suspect from Pep's presser and the way NUFC defended against us there last time, I reckon Danilo will start and give Gundogan (or maybe KDB) some defensive cover in the middle.

Think Jesus is playing better than Aguero atm so I'd start him personally but I expect Aguero will play

--Sane Aguero Sterling
---- Silva De Bruyne
Danilo Gundogan Walker
----- Laporte Stones
--------- Ederson
(in reality it's a 3-2-2-3 with Danilo inside and Walker the right of a back 3 - this is why having a leftfooted CB is so important)
Muric, Mendy, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Silva, Mahrez, Jesus

Last edited:
Play:

Ederson

Walker Stones Laporte Delph

Fernandinho

Sterling KDB D.Silva Sane

Aguero

(Arguably our best team that, first time this season)

Sane, Sterling, KDB, D.Silva, Aguero - for me, should always start our away Prem League games if possible.
This but Danilo at right back, Walker on the bench for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.