Adrien Rabiot

Falling out with international managers, namely Deschamps, shouldn’t come into account when looking at prospective signings surely!!

I give you Aymeric Laporte.

Rabiot seemed to be tied up by Barca, having wrapped up De Jong they no longer want/ need him.

To sign him in a pre contract or a cut price deal now would be ideal imho.

Would do a job and fits the criteria of position/ age/ talent we are looking for.

No brainer for me!

There’s usually a reason why clubs haven’t made serious offers when a player is as talented as Rabiot, as well as an awful lot of smoke regarding his attitude and behaviour.

Like you say we got lucky with Laporte as he has been sensational so far, so it may well be smoke without fire but it’s best to stay away if their are any doubts at all. We obviously do our homework extremely well judging by the last few signings (hopefully Mahrez settles down and comes good).

It’s players with the attitude of players we’ve bought this last few years (Bernardo, Laporte back to De Bruyne, Sterling etc.) that’s so good and brought a new sense of team spirit that makes us so good, so hardworking and so special. Combined with the Kompany, Silva, Dinho, Aguero old guard it’s a perfect balance.

FFS who gives a shit about what his mother says.

Unfortunately, and it may well be the rise of social media and wankers who's lives revolve around it, a lot of people care as much about off field stuff as well as on field.

I personally wouldn't give a fuck if Sane's mum was spotted in a Rag shirt lying on a bed with a Giggs duvet cover saying City bought the title.

Tevez's agent (Raiola, I believe) agitated for a move away from Utd, he came to us and then agitated for a move away from us (almost torpedoing our title bid in 2011-12).

Yaya's agent (the Russian/Ukrainian chap) agitated for a move away from Barça, he came to us and then agitated for a move away from us.

Neymar agitated for a move away from Santos, then from Barça, and there are constantly rumours of him wanting out of PSG (the latest used as the rumour of why De Jong chose Barça over PSG).

Rabiot's mum agitated for a move away from us when he was a kid, now she is agitating for a move away from PSG in similar circumstances.

It'll happen to whatever club he ends up at next because these types of players always repeat.

It's the reason that our current management team put so much effort into researching the personality and soft skills of players as well as footballing ability.

One person like this can fuck the group dynamic, completely.

Unfortunately, and it may well be the rise of social media and wankers who's lives revolve around it, a lot of people care as much about off field stuff as well as on field.

I personally wouldn't give a fuck if Sane's mum was spotted in a Rag shirt lying on a bed with a Giggs duvet cover saying City bought the title.

Me neither but allegedly he did chuck in £20/30k along with others to help find this Cardiff striker. But the knitting circle on here does love to stick the boot in on someone because they overheard some charity shop the other day whilst they were thumbing through the box of old knitting patterns.

I don’t know too much about this guy. I’ve seen him play a couple of times and he was ok - just ok.

He seems like an interesting guy. Basically falls out with everyone. Barcelona deal fallen through, exiled by PSG due to a contract dispute, pissed off the French national manager, doesn’t want to join Spurs as he wants to go to Liverpool.

When I was in business we always used to say get rid of the staff with bad attitude. They are a cancer that spreads through an organization. I’d say he’s not for us but he’s perfect for the dippers.

Makes perfect sense. A quality well rested player with a physical presence, ideally suited for the desperately needed CDM position, with plenty of UCL experience and that could be acquired in this window for a pittance. You want value in the market? Here it is!

With FDJ heading to Barcelona, this would surely be a deal that even Txiki could complete without drama. I suspect that we won’t be signing him, given that Pep has repeatedly ruled out any activity, but we should be all over this. The only potential stumbling block would be player wage and agent fee demands.
“Even Txikki”??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.