Summary of City trasnfer activity in 2018/19?

Net spend is something fans and newspapers fascinate over but I'd be surprised if it's a number the club pay attention to or have any use for. It won't be informing our transfer policy or budgeting that's for sure.

I suspect we are looking at DMs and being quoted stupid prices. We’ve more than likely decided to hold off until the summer and hope when more players are available the prices are not quite so inflated but the prices are crazy right now. UEFA talk about FFP but someone with less deep pockets than us or with an owner that only underwrites borrowing - is gonna go bump at some point - some of the proposed deals of £75 s £100m deal plus another £100m in wage commitments cannot go on indefinitely. I saw Callum Wilson being offered for £75m. An average PL striker at best - the football world has gone mad and it’s PSG not us that started this.

So why do all the messages about transfers now seem to be we won't spend X amount or we'll miss out on such a player? Are we struggling financially or is it the usual media bullshit?

Maybe the heirarchy have briefed Pep to say these things after the debacles over Sanchez, Fred and Jorginho. Admittedly at least two bullets dodged in hindsight, but we can't keep getting gazzumped. Bad for our image and attraction amongst players and their agents.

Hopefully we'll have enough to buy a genuine replacement for Fern, no fucking about with average players who aren't good just because they're cheap. Fern's are huge boots to fill and he's absolutely key to how well we perform.

Footballer wage inflation is currently of the charts with some huge numbers being bandied around. Part of the game is players obviously demanding more than what the last guy got. If you let that go unchecked you end up with bang average players on crazy money and it gets increasingly hard to manage the renewals of contracts as everyone wants parity. Players earning more than what any other club would come close to paying are impossible to shift unless you pay them off.

Our squad is better placed than any of our rivals. We have a sensible structure and most of the big money is performance related. The rags are in a right mess - still paying various managers and loads of average players on silly money. They also need to invest and they will get dry bum'd for anyone they go for.

We need to be careful.

I got this wrong before and the figures are not that firmly known but this is what I have got.

Buys
Mahrez was £60m
Sandler £2m
Arzani £1m
Palaversa £5m ?
Itakura £1m

£69m

There are 2 deals in pipeline for the Summer: Steffen and Bazunu

Sales

Diaz : £15.5m
Gunn: £10m
Denayer: £6m
Hart: £3.5m
Celina: £3m
Kayode: £3m
Maffeo £8m
Angelino £5m
Kongolo 1m
Matondo 11m?

£66m

Overall: Deficit £3m

If you take into account loan fees which are rarely publicised then this would be our first transfer surplus since the takeover, however I can't quantify it as loan fees are rarely quoted.

Please correct me if I have missed anyone or got the figures wrong.

Thanks

These figures are all well and good but don't take into account signing on fees & probably don't include add-ons eitger, with the latter you'd have to look back years in some players cases.

I got this wrong before and the figures are not that firmly known but this is what I have got.

Buys
Mahrez was £60m
Sandler £2m
Arzani £1m
Palaversa £5m ?
Itakura £1m

£69m

There are 2 deals in pipeline for the Summer: Steffen and Bazunu

Sales

Diaz : £15.5m
Gunn: £10m
Denayer: £6m
Hart: £3.5m
Celina: £3m
Kayode: £3m
Maffeo £8m
Angelino £5m
Kongolo 1m
Matondo 11m?

£66m

Overall: Deficit £3m

If you take into account loan fees which are rarely publicised then this would be our first transfer surplus since the takeover, however I can't quantify it as loan fees are rarely quoted.

Please correct me if I have missed anyone or got the figures wrong.

Thanks

Dilrosun?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.