motorhead

Got drunk with Lemmy in an L.A bar in the 80's. He didn't. Just kept drinking his jack and coke whilst feeding money into a table top slot machine. Lovely bloke. I think. Don't really remember much.
Did he pay for any drinks, didn't when I met him in the Rainbow and had a couple with him. Apparently it was quite common he owed loads of us a drink.

Quality band who I sadly never really appreciated until Lemmy had passed away,
Ace of Spades was my first album of theirs I bought and I've appreciated their music ever since. I never did get to see them though, one of those bands that I kept saying i would go and see but I never did. I said the same with Ian dury and the blockheads never got to see them either. : (

Ace of Spades was my first album of theirs I bought and I've appreciated their music ever since. I never did get to see them though, one of those bands that I kept saying i would go and see but I never did. I said the same with Ian dury and the blockheads never got to see them either. : (
My first gig think it would be 79 Free Trade Hall. Overkill tour. Remember being a little bit nervous before it, never looked back after it.

I regret not seeing them live. Had plenty of chances but kept putting it off. Alas.
Ah well there is always YouTube I suppose: )

Thin Lizzy were a band I got chances to see and for various reasons didn't. Wish I'd got round to seeing them. As it happens Phil Lynott was another rock star I had a drink with a couple of times. Sadly it was in his latter Grand Slam days and he was on a downward spiral by then.

Thin Lizzy were a band I got chances to see and for various reasons didn't. Wish I'd got round to seeing them. As it happens Phil Lynott was another rock star I had a drink with a couple of times. Sadly it was in his latter Grand Slam days and he was on a downward spiral by then.
Thin Lizzy were a fine band mate. I suppose what it was, is that me and my best mate at the time were punks with a snobby opinion of going to see any 'smelly' rock bands lol. My mate later admitted he went to see Motorhead in the early days, the rotten bastard!

Did he pay for any drinks, didn't when I met him in the Rainbow and had a couple with him. Apparently it was quite common he owed loads of us a drink.

I never saw him pay for anything, just assumed he had a tab. Some drinks did go on it but to be honest I was a mess when I left so my memory is quite sketchy. I was sitting next to what I assumed after was his regular seat when he walked in. I knew who he was but played it cool. He called me "Kid" a lot. Was quite chatty on and off mainly about war memorabilia. I was there for 4 hours or so until the missus came to find me. She took one look and left. He found it quite funny. I was a mess.

Heavy Metal Holocaust at Port Vales ground in 1981. My ears didn’t stop ringing for a week! Great days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.