Rabbi Matondo (signed for Shalke)

twosips

Confirmed. He's a Schalke player. Made a video discussing this if anyone fancies a watch. Tried to be as fair as possible on it all and I also talked about the cash cow/producing talent academy balance.

Good fee, but it is depressing that we spent 60m on Mahrez to rotate with Razza and Leroy, when we had Brahim and Matondo in the EDS. Don`t even get me started on Sancho...

I don't really care that much about Matondo I don't think hes anywhere near the quality of the trinity of Foden/Sancho/Brahim We had 3 years ago.

He's probably the kind of player we should be doing this deal on.

I presume the underage teams produce a squad of 15-20 players each year.
So, as we are only allowed a first team squad of 25, if any of these lads can't in the opinion of our management, usurp a first team squad player, then surely they have to be sold? Don't see anything wrong with this, at all

I know it's not a huge fee, but that seems like some really good money for a player who has never played for our senior side.

I don't really care that much about Matondo I don't think hes anywhere near the quality of the trinity of Foden/Sancho/Brahim We had 3 years ago.

He's probably the kind of player we should be doing this deal on.
How much have you seen of him? He`s quicker than any at the club, his end product is pretty good and he`s already been capped for Wales. He`s a big talent. I think he will do very well in the Bundesliga

Good fee, but it is depressing that we spent 60m on Mahrez to rotate with Razza and Leroy, when we had Brahim and Matondo in the EDS. Don`t even get me started on Sancho...

I've seen as much of Matondo and Mahrez, and bearing in mind the difference in opposition I think Matondo would have been an equally good fit for Leroy and Raheem.

I've seen as much of Matondo and Mahrez, and bearing in mind the difference in opposition I think Matondo would have been an equally good fit for Leroy and Raheem.
Would love to see what Matondo could have done here. He`s way quicker and WAY more unpredictable than Mahrez, can play on both sides and is 9 years younger. The difference is a 60m price tag

How much have you seen of him? He`s quicker than any at the club, his end product is pretty good and he`s already been capped for Wales. He`s a big talent. I think he will do very well in the Bundesliga

I've seen a decent amount of him. He's fast, but there's a lot more to football than speed and he's not got the end product or football skill of the other 3. If you compare him to Sancho he's got none of the creativity of passing, none of the vision, and very few of the goals.

Also the Wales cap can't really be taken seriously, Giggs is giving any half promising 16+ year old Welsh player a cap to tie them down (Matondo has already played for England youth teams so we know he's got mixed loyalty at best) and because he wants to play out a SAF/Busby fantasy of bringing all the kids through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.