Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

because loan is basically same thing as free? If clubs arent interested in loaning him, then he is not going to find it easy to find new club in the summer,

How is it the same thing? Wages will be different based on being at City or being a free agent. City could potentially be asking for a loan fee that nobody wants to pay, or a high contribution towards his wages? Also some teams who want him could already have the maximum amount of loan players allowed or could have used all there foreign player slots? A loan is completely different to a free.

Crystal Palace were willing to pay £23 million for him last season & he was also getting games for City's Centurions so I seriously doubt there will be a lack of clubs after him when he becomes a free agent. He's just had a nightmare with injuries.

How is it the same thing? Wages will be different based on being at City or being a free agent. City could potentially be asking for a loan fee that nobody wants to pay, or a high contribution towards his wages? Also some teams who want him could already have the maximum amount of loan players allowed or could have used all there foreign player slots? A loan is completely different to a free.

Crystal Palace were willing to pay £23 million for him last season & he was also getting games for City's Centurions so I seriously doubt there will be a lack of clubs after him when he becomes a free agent.
free agent commands signing on fee on top of wages even though it will be lower than City wages. Also City wages any loaning club wont have to pay in full, even if they do, its only half a season. Lets say he earns £5m a year, any loaning club would have to pay max of £2.5m. Hardly huge outlay these days even for medium sized clubs. So yeah, its not much different from free.

free agent commands signing on fee on top of wages even though it will be lower than City wages. Also City wages any loaning club wont have to pay in full, even if they do, its only half a season. Lets say he earns £5m a year, any loaning club would have to pay max of £2.5m. Hardly huge outlay these days even for medium sized clubs. So yeah, its not much different from free.

True but I was also replying to the "if nobody is loaning him they won't be buying him" bit. That could of course be true but like I said some leagues have maximum loan rules & foreign player slots could be used up. So in those terms that makes a loan & free completely different. I do get what your saying money wise but with the other complecations they are completely different.

Edit: Sorry that's not exactly what you said.

True but I was also replying to the "if nobody is loaning him they won't be buying him" bit. That could of course be true but like I said some leagues have maximum loan rules & foreign player slots could be used up. So in those terms that makes a loan & free completely different. I do get what your saying money wise but with the other complecations they are completely different.

Edit: Sorry that's not exactly what you said.
He could happily sign a pre-contract with a foreign club without impacting on anything but there haven't even been any rumours. Unless there's an English club that wants to sign him in the summer for free that all the clubs interested are aware of it does look strange.

We are not signing our top targets and stall deals over extra 5m pounds sometimes but we had no problem forking out 40m pounds for this guy and around 20m in wages since that. And the worse is he was never good enough. He came in Pellegrini era when we already tried to get players for high line defence meaning certain ball skills were a must for any defender and Mangala was never good with the ball. He wasnt a match for our needs whoever sanctioned the deal starting from the scouts making reports how he might fit for us shame on you guys. Transfer fee and salary added up it must be a huge flop financially.

That Palace offer came from heaven to save some face and money and he refused to go there to play a PL club probably starting every game. Instead Palace fucked us off went to Pool and paid 20-25m for their huge flop Sakho. Imo they ended up better as Sakho is still a much better defender than Mangala.

Those people at Porto who negotiated Mangala's price with 3rd party owners involved I mean I would hire them in a moment to do all transfer negotiating for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.