The Hindsight Transfer Thread

Ajax bought frenkie de Jong for £260k, hindsight is a wonderful thing
But if we’d have bought him for £260k we’d have never seen him until he randomly makes the Carabao Cup bench for a 2 minute cameo, before being loaned out to NAC Breda and then sold, probably to Ajax, for £2m and it’s handshakes all round for making a profit.

Not sure we can afford all that.
Not in 1 season.

Promote Garcia, get Skriniar or De Ligt. One of Kompany or Otamendi might have to leave.

1 full back should be enough. Don’t know if we should go for Wan Bissaka and have Mendy/Danilo on the left, or get a LB and have Walker/Danilo on the right.

DM is a priority. Ndomele or Saul would both cost a pretty penny, but would see us right for next 10 years.

Striker I guess can wait.

Spending 28 Million on Rodwell & Javi Garcia when Pogba was out of contract.

Refusing to pay 6m to Hazard's agent and then paying more for Swansea to get Sinclair

Buying Demichelles instead of Alderwield

Selling Dzeko for 12m and buying Bony for 28m instead of Dybala

Maguire and Robertson were brilliant with Hull but we went for more expensive signings

Buying Fernardo after he renewed his contract !

What would have happened to City if we'd have pulled off the Berbatov signing and then Kaka?! Div 2?

Imagine these 2 teams, 1st made up as current more experienced team,
Ederson walker kompany nico mendy ferna d.silva KDB Sanè sterling kun (players in bold have min of 6 years left in them)

2nd, players younger in squad and youth we should've kept and integrated.
Angus Gunn maffeo stones laporte Angelino Aleix Garcia foden b.silva sancho Diaz Jesus. (Zinchenko, muric in squad aswel)

Obviousley You can't force kids to stay, but, if you strip out older players who get 10/15 games a season kompany (I'd keep tho as a player/coach type club captain), nico, delph, bravo,etc. Don't buy expensive over 25's for back up mahrez, gundogan. We could easily have given game time to these kids, developing them and making the academy believe in a path to 1st team. If they don't make it after a season (Nowhere near) or 2/3 seasons (good but never gonna be great) then we sell for a shit load more than we are.

I just don't like buying back up players that are over 25. Use the kids or buy a solid younger player like Leon Bailey instead of mahrez.

Imagine these 2 teams, 1st made up as current more experienced team,
Ederson walker kompany nico mendy ferna d.silva KDB Sanè sterling kun (players in bold have min of 6 years left in them)

2nd, players younger in squad and youth we should've kept and integrated.
Angus Gunn maffeo stones laporte Angelino Aleix Garcia foden b.silva sancho Diaz Jesus. (Zinchenko, muric in squad aswel)

Obviousley You can't force kids to stay, but, if you strip out older players who get 10/15 games a season kompany (I'd keep tho as a player/coach type club captain), nico, delph, bravo,etc. Don't buy expensive over 25's for back up mahrez, gundogan. We could easily have given game time to these kids, developing them and making the academy believe in a path to 1st team. If they don't make it after a season (Nowhere near) or 2/3 seasons (good but never gonna be great) then we sell for a shit load more than we are.

I just don't like buying back up players that are over 25. Use the kids or buy a solid younger player like Leon Bailey instead of mahrez.

check the trophy cabinet/experience on mahrez gundo danilo bravo delph. would be cool to have not lost sancho, but looking at many of the others, you have to be realistic. we want to compete on all fronts. we need dependability in depth.

not saying those guys wont reach the right level - they might, possibly even soon. unfortunately our standards are so high it is not an environment suited for prospects. every game demands 100%.

i am just hoping we plan to bring back some of our acad products. i think letting them go is good for both parties though, in many instances.

JFE instead of Eric.

We'd have finished this season unbeaten on maximum points.

I was watching the recent sky interview with Gary Cook where he again stated Valencia wanted to do a double deal with Villa and Silva at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.