2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported
Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
In the 2019 window - what are our needs? Whom will we sign?

Our defense isn't rock solid, Aguero is aging, we have no like-backup for Fernandinoho.

In short- we could easily improve at many positions.

So... whom do you think we'll sign/persue heavily in the 2019 summer window?

Last edited:
In the main, I think everyone is fairly agreed on the positions that we need filling...
  • LB (Chilwell?)
  • DM (Ndombele?)
  • Striker (fuck knows)
Depending on the situations with Otamendi and Kompany, we could be needing a new CB too...

Can see a big freshen up

Ndombele
Chilwell
Diable

Mahrez, Vinny, Otamendi all going - promote some kids

If we win the league, we'll see a very different strategy to if we don't, I believe.

If we do win the league we may be in for another dour window with just one big signing, that being Fernandinho's replacement.

Assuming we don't win it, and that is looking the more likely option, we should see four or more players coming in to freshen up. A new DM, proper second left back, maybe one new forward, backup goalkeeper if Muric is deemed unready and even a centreback.

Muric, Bravo, Zinchenko, Sandler, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Danilo, Mahrez... all are looking at potential loan or permanent moves away depending on how the second half of the season goes for them. It won't be an exodus anywhere near the scale of the Summer 2017 massacre but certainly more departures than last season.

Left back , D.M and depending on Otamendi and Kompany maybe a centre back.

Is the correct answer. Seen some suggesting bringing in a new striker, not sure why that is needed.

Ndombele has to be Txiki's priority. Get the deal done before the season is over.

If we win the league, we'll see a very different strategy to if we don't, I believe.

If we do win the league we may be in for another dour window with just one big signing, that being Fernandinho's replacement.

Assuming we don't win it, and that is looking the more likely option, we should see four or more players coming in to freshen up. A new DM, proper second left back, maybe one new forward, backup goalkeeper if Muric is deemed unready and even a centreback.

Muric, Bravo, Zinchenko, Sandler, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Danilo, Mahrez... all are looking at potential loan or permanent moves away depending on how the second half of the season goes for them. It won't be an exodus anywhere near the scale of the Summer 2017 massacre but certainly more departures than last season.

I agree we'll be more aggressive if we don't retain the title. I don't personally see Danilo or Mahrez leaving unless that is what the player wants. If we sign a DM and an LB, then Delph should be sold. I'm expecting one of Vinny or Nico to not be here next season, and I would think Sandler and Muric will go on loan, Zinchenko to be loaned or sold. We did buy that American keeper Steffen for a decent price, so if Bravo isn't ready/retires, Steffen may be the no. 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.