Net Spend!!

...is bullshit because it takes too few factors into the equation.

I think we should just shut down the PC and reload the saved game from 1 August 2018.

In all seriousness, we're fine. We're second in the league, in the League Cup final, and still in the FA Cup and CL.

For several years, we payed significantly over the odds for players in order to play catch up with Chelsea, Barca, Real et al. The business plan was never to do that indefinitely. That means you sometimes miss out on people.

I think the club's also more savvy about net spend over a long period - we'll need some room for manoeuvre to replace Vinny, Aguero, Dinho, so we can't overextend ourselves now.

This is irrelevant - the press will continue their Dipper love in - just spending the Courtinho money, and every time we are on tv they’ll give the cost of the starting line up and the cost of the bench.

Identifying the right players and getting them isn't easy. Especially nowadays as even pep has commented that our European rivals have noticed we were moving faster and getting the best talent. Barca, Bayern etc won't want to miss the next sane, ederson or Kev.

As for the media, if we spend we are wring because we are buying success. If we turn a profit on transfers we are wrong because we are selling players without giving then a chance.

Pep had already said a midfielder and a left back are in our thoughts. I expect us to move very quickly come summer, use the extra cash this window has given us in securing the players we think are right, and not giving our rivals even a peep of who those players might be.

My only slight annoyance is that I thought this would be the season we had the pep effect, especially in stark contrast with the tripe Jose was serving up over the road until recently. I guess what i didn't expect is that now when pep wants a player, all the big teams want him and price becomes paramount to the seller. I dont recall that happening with Sane, Ilkay, Jesus, Bernie or Mendy, rather the selling club just held out for an extra 10m from us. Now I think they know that others with go even higher to sign pep's next big target.

It’s not really a net spend issue but also not worth its own thread but this has just dawned on me - by the time summer 2019 comes around, City wouldn’t have bought a 1st team player(starter) for 2 years. Something to think about

It’s not really a net spend issue but also not worth its own thread but this has just dawned on me - by the time summer 2019 comes around, City wouldn’t have bought a 1st team player(starter) for 2 years. Something to think about

We bought Laporte last januray

Laporte? That would be 18 months.

We should’ve been more ruthless last summer though with a DM and a second left back that can attack and defend.

imagine if we had spent the mahrez money on de jong and managed to keep sancho.
Should have bought Mahrez for 400k four years back, kept sancho, bought dejong for nil in 2015, and spent the money on free beer for the fans (enough for two free beers for every match going fan for the next years)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.