******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg that was shockingly bad, woeful batting. Look like they've just gone on a jolly to the Caribbean. Absolutely terrible.

Unprepared complacent and after that first test after facing those West Indies fast Bowlers the batters have shit there pants and not up for a fight! Also with so much cricket this be soon forgotten.

True but why just 3? They should arguably take a longer-term approach and say that when you're given a contract, then it's for a period of time that will see, say, two English summers and a winter, guaranteed. Central and incremental contracts of twelve months' duration or less are hardly going to give the player ease of mind and arguably lead to the inconsistent play exhibited by Jennings. I suppose the philosophy is to guard against complacency and show all involved that the pool of replacement talent is so deep that anyone can swim to the top, but the reality out on the pitch suggests that that thinking is flawed.

Sam principle, I'd be okay with that, but sometimes players can get out of form, and there's a limit to how long you can guarantee a place. Difficult, but I was using '3' as 'the whole series', whatever the series is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.