Arsenal (h) Post Match Thread

Today shows what an intelligent player Fernandinho is. Difficult to swap positions based on opponents position but he did it great.

Great result. First half was ropey but 2nd half was one of the most dominant displays you'll see.

Not his biggest fan at all but Gundogan was the best midfielder on the pitch.

Kev & David were both poor by their standards.

Sterling (though wasteful) and Bernardo are both very special players.

We were disjointed and all over the place 1st half.
Good job we aren’t clinical in-front of goal or it would have been 6 or 7.
We desperately need to sort out our defending.
Zero attempts on goal in 2nd half for Gunners. Looked like a training game in 2nd half. I’m all for conserving energy when we are comfortably infront, maybe we should have swapped a couple out sooner.
Bernardo was brilliant. A real pest.
Sane must be bursting to get on the pitch too.
Onwards blues.
Just hope zabba and the gang can get a good result.

We were fine in the first half. This was also a game where the Gundogan complainers slink back into their holes.

Great win, their keeper kept it at 3, we did let them have a little patch of possesion first half, but cannot complain about anything today.
And ha ha at the 20 tarquins trying to get over the stewards the knobheads.

Only took a cursory glance at the matchday thread, just to find out who today's whipping boy would be. Apparently my own eyes didn't deceive me and there was none. Bernardo, Sergio both top notch and Walker deserves some props for breaking out of his funk.
Onward versus Everton. C'mon CITY.

While we have utilised 3-2-4-1 most of the season, the way Pep did it this time is exactly the way I've been asking him to do it.

Previously, we would have our RB (Walker) or LB (Danilo, Delph, Zinchenko) come inside to support Dinho in midfield, but they were never the most comfortable ont he ball, most of our problems with Walker have been him coming in midfield and messing up.

This time Pep did away with that, no fullbacks, just play an ACTUAL midfielder next to Dinho in Gundogan. This way Walker can just stay wide and defend counter attacks. This set up is also easily adaptable, play Mendy LW/LWB instead of Sterling, he has to defend just not as much as normal, and you can replace David or Kevin for Gabby as well.

Great result. First half was ropey but 2nd half was one of the most dominant displays you'll see.

Not his biggest fan at all but Gundogan was the best midfielder on the pitch.

Kev & David were both poor by their standards.

Sterling (though wasteful) and Bernardo are both very special players.
This. One of the best games in blue shirt for Ilkay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.