NFL Football

Watching that game last night made me already miss watching Mahomes play, and it's only been two weeks.

Long offseason, but looking forward to the next already

Watching that game last night made me already miss watching Mahomes play, and it's only been two weeks.

Long offseason, but looking forward to the next already

Mahomes would have definitely livened up that borefest of a SuperBowl last night & may have even beaten the Pats if they had a better defence.

The only way to beat Belichick is get pressure on Brady on defence & extend the play on offense which Belichick cannot scheme & account for which Mahomes seems to be good at.

Mahomes would have definitely livened up that borefest of a SuperBowl last night & may have even beaten the Pats if they had a better defence.

The only way to beat Belichick is get pressure on Brady on defence & extend the play on offense which Belichick cannot scheme & account for which Mahomes seems to be good at.

Its a common quote that Brady/Belichick needs pressuring but The Pats want that. If a team rushes 5 or 6 leaving man on man in the backfield Brady is too good at getting the ball out quick and Edelman is impossible to cover one on one. The Rams have possibly one of the best pass rushers the game has ever seen but Brady is too quick with the release and too experienced in the pocket to be pressured. For me you have to out gut the Pats to beat them but Goff couldn't put the ball on the money like he's done all season.

Anyone catch any of this new league; the AAF?

I missed it, didn't even know about it but just watched the highlights of all 4 games. I've been thinking for a while that there should be another league for when the NFL is done. It gives players another opportunity to try and make it in the sport. Players who aren't quite ready for the NFL or players who couldn't get a game or undrafted players. Players like Rashad Ross who might just find himself back in the NFL next year going off of Week 1. Interesting to see how transfers work, maybe an agreement that an NFL team can buy out his contract and it comes out of their salary cap.

Looks like they've gone about it the right way to, working with the NFL, not trying to replace it but acting as a 2nd league. Also looks like the NFL are fully backing it, posting highlights on Youtube and NFL writers talking about it.

Only a couple of negatives; why would they put teams in Arizona and Atlanta, should have picked cities without an NFL franchise. Also some of the in play rules like limiting the amount of blitzers etc...apparently that was due to wanting to avoid injuries due to limited preparation time, plus it's suppose to help develop quarterbacks, so kind of understand.

Decent viewing figures as well, 27,000 at the game in San Antonio and the opening night pulled in more viewers (3m I think) than the Rockets-Thunder game. All that was with little advertisement, interesting to see if it's maintained, I think it could be.

Also interested in how many show up for the San Diego home game coming up. @jay_mcfc Do you reckon San Diego will show out to prove to the Chargers/NFL they made a mistake? Or do they see right through is being part of the NFL?

The worry is when the XFL comes in next year, although I don't like their concept as much.

I only heard about it last week. Some months ago though I heard some stuff on the radio that the XFL is restarting again in 2020. It's going to be an 8 team league.

What is going on with free agency?

Are players starting to realise they have all the power now?

- Antonio Brown got his move and Steelers basically got fuck all.
- Don't know why the Giants have just traded Odell Beckham to the Browns!?

Looks like we're going to let Ingram go, think he just wanted too match, I mean it was really a matter of time until Kamara became the number 1 but not sure Latavius Murray is the answer.

The Browns going for it in a big way like the Rams did last season.

They've got real momentum and look good on paper on both sides of the ball, but it's the Browns so.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.