Match Thread | Everton vs Man City (06/02/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn't giving the penalty, we should have the free kick on the edge, for the initial pull back.
But no, nada. Getting used it.
Yeah we couldn't have complained at a free kick but the foul as he went to kick the ball had to be given, it was the more blatant of the two.

@bluealf @Neville Kneville NBCSN just spent the last few minutes reviewing the foul on Ilkay and the offside on Sane before our goal — conclusion:

Penalty (and they aren’t sure why it was not given)
Onside (and they aren’t sure what it was flagged offside)

They actually started it off by saying “you talk about Liverpool benefiting from questionable decisions, well let’s look at these going against City...”

I think many in the media without pronounced affiliations with Liverpool are starting to notice what’s happening.
Good post @SebastianBlue
Unbelievable bias against City

I had to laugh, i lost my stream for about 5 minutes and so came onto the match thread to see how we were getting on and we sounded to be all over the place. The stream came back on and we were nowhere near as bad as it was being made out.
Same here ;)

Hopefully that goal will settle us down a bit. There was a short period of nervy defending.

I think the lads are thinking of the 3 points and going top and not wanting to mess it up. It’s somewhat affecting their game (I may be making up excuses for the ones that didn’t play that well).

Need to pass better.

He’s been bad but he’s definitely capable of a moment of magic. Also capable of frustration building and doing something petulant. Sterling was equally pathetic for most of the first half against Arse but put in a great performance In the end... hopefully Leroy does the same. Think that side is missing a proper full back... which is obviously not a dig at Laporte... who is brilliant.
Have you taken your Christmas tree down yet boss? :)

If he wasn't giving the penalty, we should have the free kick on the edge, for the initial pull back.
But no, nada. Getting used it.

Not excusing him as it was poor positioning, but I'm quite sure the referee moved and had an Everton player come across his field of vision. Had he remained where he was, he'd likely have had a clearer view of the incident.

Still wouldn't have given it, of course. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.