How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
91/92 points will win it with either 2 points or goal difference between first & second.

I’m beginning to enjoy the pressure myself now, it’s better than running away with it.

91/92 points will win it with either 2 points or goal difference between first & second.

I’m beginning to enjoy the pressure myself now, it’s better than running away with it.

Cant agree with that. Winning it on the last day, especially against QPR was the best way of winning it for a moment of pure emotion but winning it at a canter last year felt bloody good while it was happening. Knowing that even with a loss our closest rival couldnt overtake us was pure bliss compared to biting nails game by game.

92/93 will win it. Liverpool will get beaten by Bayern and have nothing left to play for. Our fixtures keep piling up and that could make the difference. The sheer number of games will take their toll.

Having said that, I always felt Liverpool went at pre-season too hard. It gave them a great start but they can't afford to rotate as shown with results away at Belgrade and in the cups. Against West Ham that midfield three was shite. Lallana, Keita and Fabinho... and their bench was dross too. We had De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus on ours... all league winners and all capable of winning a game (Mahrez aside maybe!).

They've had a lot of luck and perhaps we haven't with goals like the Townsend and Leicester one conceded... and the quick free kick at Newcastle that the ref should not have prevented and would have won us that game.

Made a similar thread last week but didn't realise there was already one, posted this before the Arsenal game:

Current Standings (before Arsenal game):
1) Liverpool, +41 GD, 61 points, maximum finish of 103 points.
2) City, +44 GD, 56 points, maximum finish of 98 points.
3) Spurs, +26 GD, 54 points, maximum finish of 96 points.

Remaining games:

Liverpool:
West Ham (A), Bournemouth (H), United (A), Watford (H), Everton (A), Burnley (H), Fulham (A), Spurs (H), Southampton (A), Chelsea (H), Cardiff (A), Huddersfield (H), Newcastle (A), Wolves (H)

City:
Arsenal (H), Everton (A), Chelsea (H), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Watford (H), United (A), Fulham (A), Cardiff (H), Palace (A), Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Leicester (H), Brighton (A)

Spurs:
Newcastle (H), Leicester (H), Burnley (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Southampton (A), Palace (H), Liverpool (A), Brighton (H), Huddersfield (H), City (A), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Everton (H)

For me 95/96 points wins the league.

96 points would have only not won the league last year and I think Liverpool are on course for less than 100.

I think we have to win 13 of the last 14 to have a chance at it in my opinion which shows what we're up against. Might even need to win them all.

I think a lot of that still rings true, 95/96 points wins the league.

Updated:

Current Standings:
1) City, +48 GD, 62 points, maximum finish of 98 points.
2) Liverpool, +41 GD, 62 points, maximum finish of 101 points.
3) Spurs, +27 GD, 57 points, maximum finish of 96 points.

Remaining games:

Liverpool:
West Ham (A) DRAW 1-1, Bournemouth (H), United (A), Watford (H), Everton (A), Burnley (H), Fulham (A), Spurs (H), Southampton (A), Chelsea (H), Cardiff (A), Huddersfield (H), Newcastle (A), Wolves (H)

City:
Arsenal (H) WON 3-1, Everton (A) WON 2-0, Chelsea (H), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Watford (H), United (A), Fulham (A), Cardiff (H), Palace (A), Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Leicester (H), Brighton (A)

Spurs:
Newcastle (H) WON 1-0, Leicester (H), Burnley (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Southampton (A), Palace (H), Liverpool (A), Brighton (H), Huddersfield (H), City (A), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Everton (H)

City 94 points
Liv. 94 "
Tott.87 "
Seems to me it will depend on Liverpool loosing at O.T. and City winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.