Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently increased the capacity license to 62k

Tottenham get Wembley capacity increase from council - BBC Sport

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46903625
17 Jan 2019 - Tottenham get Wembley capacity increase from council. Tottenham have been given council approval to increase the capacity for home matches played at Wembley Stadium. Brent Council agreed a capped capacity for five domestic fixtures of 62,000, while any additional home Champions League ties could hold the full 90,000.

Spurs won't struggle in the slightest to fill the new ground, they are just sick of going Wembley I would be fed up too. The club have took the piss getting that ground ready.

I was just trying to point out the differences in the way the media report things , im not really bothered how many empty seats they have, i just noted their low attendances the last few months and deduced that they may struggle to get 60k every game. So the problem is spurs fans are fed up of going to Wembley? Why is this? Can't be transport surely as getting to and from Wembley is a dam sight easier than it is getting to and from the Etihad. Two tube lines with trains every few minutes and two stations close by. Compared to what 4 or 5 busses and a crap tram holding a hundred odd people every 20minutes heading towards town ? They only got 46k for their home league semi final vs Chelsea? Way short of 62k?

I was just trying to point out the differences in the way the media report things , im not really bothered how many empty seats they have, i just noted their low attendances the last few months and deduced that they may struggle to get 60k every game. So the problem is spurs fans are fed up of going to Wembley? Why is this? Can't be transport surely as getting to and from Wembley is a dam sight easier than it is getting to and from the Etihad. Two tube lines with trains every few minutes and two stations close by. Compared to what 4 or 5 busses and a crap tram holding a hundred odd people every 20minutes heading towards town ? They only got 46k for their home league semi final vs Chelsea? Way short of 62k?

The point is, they know it's not their own home. Any set of fans would feel the same.

The point is, they know it's not their own home. Any set of fans would feel the same.

Sorry but i dissagree, for a club that hasn't won a trophy in a long time 46k for a Semi final is a poor showing espwcially against a london rival. And 40odd k to watch their team, the best team they have had in decades i might add that are also challenging for the title is i think very surprising.

Sorry but i dissagree, for a club that hasn't won a trophy in a long time 46k for a Semi final is a poor showing espwcially against a london rival. And 40odd k to watch their team, the best team they have had in decades i might add that are also challenging for the title is i think very surprising.

The semi final against Chelsea was sold out. And sure, this is the best team Spurs fans have had in decades - in their lifetime, for younger fans - but is that not even truer of City? And, for reasons of which I am well aware, your Champions League attendances are often well short of capacity. I get why. Well, there are reasons for Spurs fans too. If I am wrong and if attendances at the new stadium are equally disappointing, I will take your "told ya so's" manfully.

Last edited:
The semi final against Chelsea was sold out. And sure, this is the best team Spurs fans have had in decades - in their lifetime, for younger fans - but is that not even truer of City? And, for reasons of which I am well aware, your Champions League attendances are often well short of capacity. I get why. Well, there are reasons for Spurs fans too. If I am wrong and if attendances at the new stadium are equally disappointing, I will take your "told ya so's" manfully.
Tottenham 1-0 Chelsea, Carabao Cup - Harry Kane's penalty gives Spurs ... - BBC
https://www.bbc.co.uk › sport › football

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0ia6UXc_cgeQh5WnKAkJss&cshid=1549578611837

44,371 is that a sell out for a semi final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.