Cover bands

2560px-Cover_Band.jpg

Looks like a lineup change in this following clip but the crowd surfing at 1.44 is brilliant ..

2560px-Cover_Band.jpg

Looks like a lineup change in this following clip but the crowd surfing at 1.44 is brilliant ..

Likely better than the real thing right now, going off the reports I've been reading from the first dates of their (latest) farewell tour. (Lots of lip synching, and even unplugged instruments) abound apparently)

The Smyths are a good Smiths tribute band. They play the Ritz every February to a sold out crowd. It's the Queen is dead 30th anniversary next year and they will play that album and many others. Play for about 2 hours and lots of old stuff. Have a few beers beforehand and it's a good night out if you like the Smiths music.

seeing them in Adelaide tonight. Mate saw them in Melb last weekend and was very impressed.

seeing them in Adelaide tonight. Mate saw them in Melb last weekend and was very impressed.
Bloody hell they are touring Oz? Wow. Remember seeing them in Bolton on the proverbial wet Monday evening around 2005 or 06. Re-Order were on first and when finished their set about 30 people left, leaving about 15 of us to watch The Smyths.
Took a few years but they persevered and regularly sell out the Ritz once a year.

Are we talking cover bands here or are we talking tribute bands ?
Cover bands just play well known songs from a variety of artists I've played in cover bands most of my life, tribute bands are exact copies of a particular bands like Piss pictured above

Cover bands just play well known songs from a variety of artists I've played in cover bands most of my life, tribute bands are exact copies of a particular bands like Piss pictured above
The OP talked about both.

Yeah ... two very different beasts. I mentioned the difference in my first post on this back on page two. Cover bands have been around since The Beatles (who were practically a covers band to start) whereas tributes are relatively a new thing since mid to late 90's (?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.