Paul Scholes - Has 'left' Oldham (p20)

They were good value for the 4-1 win that day.
They proper set about us! Can remember being shocked on the kippax ..just didnt see it coming..
Its funny,looking back...i dont recall any bad ref decisions or any drama...they just turned up at Maine rd, ...in the mood..their fans were up for it....and that spread to the team...they did a job on us that day.and i learned a painful lesson ..dont underestimate local rivals...it meant more to them that day,than us.beat us fair and square.Palmer didnt get any grief at all from the Kippax....one of our own...just a big groan every time he put the ball in the net
..i can still remember his back post header which completed his hat trick.he must have enjoyed himself that day.

I took 2 Oldham lads who were neighbours down to the game who never usually went to home Oldham games.

They were lost once we got to Moston, anyway they had to make thier own way home as they weren't getting in my car after that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.