Other clubs songs

Having spent my student life and much of my working life in Sheffield I've taken in a fair few games at Bramall Lane and Hillsborough, so this Blades chant gets my vote:

(to Annie's Song by John Denver)

"You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Magnet
Lack a packet of Woodbines
Like a good pinch of snuff

Like a night out in Sheffield,
Like a greasy chip butty,
Like Sheffield United,
Come thrill me again,

Nah nah-nah nah nah nah...OOOH!"
Absolutely brilliant.
My best mates a blade.
His mum was called annie.
That Annie's song.
When they played Annie's song at her funeral...........

After seeing peps outfit today I think cork city with the Sultan of Pings song Where's Me Jumper

Steve Bloomer's Watching - Derby.
Good song that...and it gives a nod to Peter Doherty ...reading about the man makes me realise why some posters on here claim their dads say that Doherty was a far better player than Bell.....according to the great Len Shackleton..Doherty "the pipe smoking irishman was a genius among genius's who had every trick in the book,. the most baffling body swerve in football,and worked like a horse for 90 mins on the football pitch."

I like the lyrics but the tune is dreadful

Having spent my student life and much of my working life in Sheffield I've taken in a fair few games at Bramall Lane and Hillsborough, so this Blades chant gets my vote:

(to Annie's Song by John Denver)

"You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Magnet
Lack a packet of Woodbines
Like a good pinch of snuff

Like a night out in Sheffield,
Like a greasy chip butty,
Like Sheffield United,
Come thrill me again,

Nah nah-nah nah nah nah...OOOH!"

Good song that...and it gives a nod to Peter Doherty ...reading about the man makes me realise why some posters on here claim their dads say that Doherty was a far better player than Bell.....according to the great Len Shackleton..Doherty "the pipe smoking irishman was a genius among genius's who had every trick in the book,. the most baffling body swerve in football,and worked like a horse for 90 mins on the football pitch."

We used to see a supporter up on CBL3, who was in his 90s, and had been watching City since the 30s.

He told us that Peter Doherty is still the best he’s ever seen in a Blue shirt, including Colin, Merlin and Yaya.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.