Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Declan Rice 45m
Wan Bissako 40m
Chilwell 40m
£125m, job done.

All young and English (atm).

All will fit in well with our young squad. All have bright futures. All under 23.
Not Chilwell for me it is just i believe he has peaked at a level below what we need, Bristol City have a player with ability and confidence that they got from Chelsea if he came to us he would be straight in the England squad
Rice there is something there he defiantly has something but it is not a Fernandinho replacement

Declan Rice 45m
Wan Bissako 40m
Chilwell 40m
£125m, job done.

All young and English (atm).

All will fit in well with our young squad. All have bright futures. All under 23.

Not realistic valuations in the current market for young, sought after players & there's a premium to be paid for HG players. You"d be looking closer to £200m in the current market.

Reactions: Itd
Is it just Ndombele and Rice that has the right age and profile for a CDM for City?
I really don’t see a clear target for City. I have know idea who Pep could see replacing Ferna.

Is it just Ndombele and Rice that has the right age and profile for a CDM for City?
I really don’t see a clear target for City. I have know idea who Pep could see replacing Ferna.
Maybe give Fernandinho another year, and have Luiz/Smith/Gundogan as back ups? Apart from those two, there are not many great options who could be available

Maybe give Fernandinho another year, and have Luiz/Smith/Gundogan as back ups? Apart from those two, there are not many great options who could be available

Ferna already has two years left at the club. What we need is a proper backup - not Stones, Delph or Gundogan. It’s clear we need physicality and passing ability in a holding mid role.

Ferna already has two years left at the club. What we need is a proper backup - not Stones, Delph or Gundogan. It’s clear we need physicality and passing ability in a holding mid role.
Apart from Ndombele and Rice, it doesn`t seem to be many good options. Rodri or Saul at Atletico would be a dream, but no chance of getting them. I like Diawara, and he`s not getting much playing time for Napoli, so we could probably sign him for a low fee, and let him be the backup for Dinho next season. Looked like Pep liked Luiz, and even tried to get him a work permit, and we`re also in contract talks with Smith. A more unknown player like Smith could maybe be an option. It has worked out well for Guendouzi for example

I think both Aouar and Ndombele looks interesting. But I'm not sure Aouar would fit the bill of a defensive / holding mid.

In:
Won Bissaka
Ndombele
Auoar

Out:
Otamendi
Delph
Mangala

Not sure whats the plan with Claudio Gomes for next year, should be nice to see him get some time.
Zinchenko will cover LB for next season, then we get Chillwel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.