Do you like trains?

Our rail system is excellent, I love it
I would think the standard of living in Switzerland is probably better in every regard.

Do you have a problem with scrotes/chavs or the work shy? or do the vast majority of your population contribute towards society?

I would think the standard of living in Switzerland is probably better in every regard.

Do you have a problem with scrotes/chavs or the work shy? or do the vast majority of your population contribute towards society?

Used to share a house with a couple of Swiss bankers and they told me that Switzerland has a huge - hidden and not so hidden - heroin problem.

Used to share a house with a couple of Swiss bankers and they told me that Switzerland has a huge - hidden and not so hidden - heroin problem.
I saw a doco on this years ago. Just looked at some stats and the source I looked showed the UK as having a higher rate of opiate addiction than Switzerland but not much in it. Their unemployment rate is just under 3 as well.

Used to be the geek spotting as a kid & travelled on hundreds of trains all over the country collecting numbers, sneaking round depots etc before I knew better...

Caught a Virgin one one to/from Manchester/Birmingham NEC about 3 years ago for a conference, not been on one for 15 years at least. I was surprised they were so clean & on-time even changing at Crewe on the way back went seamless.

I'm coming in & out from Oxford for the game at Wembley if I get the same experience I'll be more than happy.

If you have a choice, get the Chiltern service from Oxford via Bicester/High Wycombe rather than the GWR route via Reading into Paddington. Much nicer trains, more reliable and many stop at Wembley directly if there's a game/event on.

Work ethic is very strong in Switzerland, unemployment is quite low and looked down upon if you do not keep busy

It's true that in the end, our taxes really work for us - particularly with public transportation & infrastructure

Work ethic is very strong in Switzerland, unemployment is quite low and looked down upon if you do not keep busy

It's true that in the end, our taxes really work for us - particularly with public transportation & infrastructure
Cheers.

Ghost one at Blackpool

3a42c47e0206f85764dee2ed9a3d5cf5.jpg

Diggle Railway station (Saddleworth), as it looked around 1920:-
zlf1h5.jpg

As it looks today:-
34qw6zt.jpg

The tracks in the second picture at the bottom right are about to run into the three mile long Standedge Tunnel, which emerges at Marsden in West Yorkshire.
The two single tracks in the first picture on the left ran into the original single tunnels now closed.

When i used to live on trains supporting the team back in the day i used to hate the smell,threw up every time being pissed half the time didn't help i suppose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.