Gangsta Talk

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
Innit. What is it like wi da youngstas who fink it's da nu lingo? Our English language has never sounded so bad. You can almost guarantee that every young person who is successful at sport these days has adopted this gangsta-speak accent. It's piss-poor and makes my ears hurt. I'm all for accents of any description but this ruination of the Queen's English lingo is too much.
Yours truly
J Fortesque-Smythe

I agree but we live in a competitive world.

If other people want to make themselves sound thick, it’s only going to make me sound more intelligent.

(My Mrs will say I need all the help in the world with that)

Innit. What is it like wi da youngstas who fink it's da nu lingo? Our English language has never sounded so bad. You can almost guarantee that every young person who is successful at sport these days has adopted this gangsta-speak accent. It's piss-poor and makes my ears hurt. I'm all for accents of any description but this ruination of the Queen's English lingo is too much.
Yours truly
J Fortesque-Smythe
What pisses me off is bro this bro that, seems all the little scrotes now know

Time for bed mate

12537785-smiling-happy-old-man-sitting-near-computer-and-holding-mouse.jpg

Yours truly
J Fortesque-Smythe
I have to deal with this particular patois more regularly than most. It can be tedious at times, but on the other hand pays for all the holidays and nice meals out etc...

Innit.

Would you consider it gangster talk or Jamaican talk? I'd go with the latter. And yes it's annoying to the extreme. Not just footballers (mostly English) but generally kids. And girls in particular ....

Gangsta is certainly an interesting choice of word.

I wouldn't be blaming these people if you have an issue with the way that they speak. They went to school here and if they come out of the other side sounding like that then it's on the educational system (assuming you think it's really that big of a deal).

It's no worse than scouse anyway.

Yours truly
J Fortesque-Smythe

Dear Mr Fortesque-Smythe

Having read your post I can only agree that this affectation is extremely annoying. Young people adopting an alien mode of speech is to be deplored when it detracts from the English as it should be spoken. Having said that if a young man of Bangladeshi extraction wishes to speak in a manner that he thinks may make him sound like a native of Trenchtown then so be it. Its hardly our fault that they wish to come across as fucking tossers is it?

Apologies if the last heartfelt sentence came across as judgemental but I am middle aged and feel I am judged by them accordingly.

Yours in solidarity

Simon Berlingo Mondeo III

All young Manchester lads say 'bro' after every sentence these days, something that has crept in the last couple of years.

I've lived over in Huddersfield the past 18 months and most of the young crowd aspire to walk and talk like Ali G. Even seen white lads and Pakistani lads with golden grills in their teeth. They all start a sentence with 'yo'!' or 'aight bruv'.

There is a Jamaican influence on some of the estates and a large British Pakistani population where things tend to spread throughout teens and young adults. But I think talentless nobs like Stormzy being on TV and in everyone's face on social media has been the catalyst.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.