Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea contend that the majority of the 100-plus player cases involved short-term trialists at their academy, who did not go on to sign for them. They have argued there is no law against trialing under-18 international players; that it is common practice across Europe and, as such, they believe these cases ought not to be included in the final judgment. In others that led to them making signings, the club maintain they fully complied with Fifa’s rules.

I think they're right on that one as well, trials don't involve moving country. Hard to see FIFA getting any sanction based on trialists past CAS.

I think despite everything they should keep Sarri. There were some brief spells in the game today that showed signs to come. Some great interplay, passing exchanges and for periods they pressed really well.

Although it's never going to work as long as they have certain personnel. Some of their players today showed a real awful and lazy attitude and Rudiger aside it feels like none of their defenders know what they're supposed to do. Maybe it's on Sarri to motivate them, but he's not the first to struggle with this lot.

I think despite everything they should keep Sarri. There were some brief spells in the game today that showed signs to come. Some great interplay, passing exchanges and for periods they pressed really well.

Although it's never going to work as long as they have certain personnel. Some of their players today showed a real awful and lazy attitude and Rudiger aside it feels like none of their defenders know what they're supposed to do. Maybe it's on Sarri to motivate them, but he's not the first to struggle with this lot.
I agree feels like Peps first season but maybe Sarri doesn't kick ass so much. I imagine they will get rid there doesn't seem to be a long term plan with them

Reckon Sarri won't be there next season

Chelsea's problems lie with the playing staff not the manger - that dressing room must be a proper cess pit - player power , fucking disgruntled and full of themselves. If they have downed tools then this will be Mourinho, Conte and Sarri that they have effectively decided they don't like - if I were a Chelsea fan I'd be looking at what they put out on the park not the coaching staff - the dressing room must be as militant as an Allegro production line at BL in the 70's - " right brothers down tools all out ! " lol

I agree feels like Peps first season but maybe Sarri doesn't kick ass so much. I imagine they will get rid there doesn't seem to be a long term plan with them
Yeah I agree. I'm grateful actually, because if Sarri's Napoli was anything to go by a fully fledged and well funded Sarri Chelsea would be a great side, and I'd rather we not have to deal with that.

I think one of his biggest issues is Kanté. He's improved, and his attitude is the far better than the rest, but he really doesn't fit. He pressed like a madman today but Jorginho ended up incredibly isolated as a result. I actually think Sarri's unwilling to drop him as he reckons Kanté is the one and only player he knows won't let his ego get in the way of things. A bit of a double edged sword for Sarri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.