Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locking this for a bit because it's getting a out of hand and we're having to delete posts/issue thread bans every few minutes. It's only football lads. Some of the vitriol is a bit over the top.

Ric, mate.

Can you go on RAWK and lock and clean the Manchester City thread up as please. You need to issue thread bans as well.

Some of the stuff they are writing about Sheikh Mansour, the club, and the fans is absolutely disgusting.

Which I find very strange, because according to Liverpool fans they are the most friendliest, most passionate, and the best football fans in the World.

Liverpool fans had never had a problem with City and City fans, as we were a guaranteed 6 points for them a season, and we hadn’t won a trophy for 34 years, while Liverpool constantly won trophies.

I can’t work out why Liverpool fans have turned on us and now hate us. ;-)

Locking this for a bit because it's getting a out of hand and we're having to delete posts/issue thread bans every few minutes. It's only football lads. Some of the vitriol is a bit over the top.
It's heated because it's football.
I don't imagine RAwK are issuing bans.
We really don't like them Ric - with good grounds.

From Rawk, Its official, They have the best fans in world football.

"Sometimes it hits me how lucky I am to have grown up supporting Liverpool. I can't even fathom what it would be like supporting a team like Chelsea or City or Everton, where your mentality is so small-time that your favourite part of football is seeing another club fail. One of the reasons they hate Liverpool so much is because our fans really, really enjoy seeing our own club succeed. We're eternal optimists and if Liverpool win a trophy (or even if they just come close) it gets celebrated in the most joyous, visceral way. They're so worried about "never hearing the end of it" if we win the league this year that they're actively willing their own teams to lose. I think it's odd, Liverpool fans are the only set of support in the country that go to away games and just sing about their own club (United and Everton games excepted, and even then it's not even close to what those sets of fans sing). You won't hear such tiresome 'bantz' as 'Your support is fucking shit' or 'This is a library' coming from the travelling Kop. We don't sing about their past failures, we don't sing about poverty in their city, we don't sing about their teams potentially getting relegated - yet they hate us. The BBC published an article called 'Do neutral fans not want Liverpool to win the league, or is it just a social media myth?' a month ago and the best quote in the whole thing was this:

"Samuel Mooney, Nottingham Forest fan: I'd love to see them win it. Their fans don't bother me, they're just passionate and they believe in their team. The fact so many people hate them for their optimism is so typically English!"

I think he hit the nail on the head. God forbid a set of support might be optimistic or supportive or passionate. God forbid we give our team bus a welcome or sing 'and now you're gonna believe us'. God forbid that we care about seeing our own team do well. Frankly, even if we win nothing for the next thirty years I'd rather approach life with the attitude of a Liverpool fan than the attitude of a Chelsea fan. They deserve everything they get"

"Sometimes it hits me how lucky I am to have grown up supporting Liverpool. I can't even fathom what it would be like supporting a team like Chelsea or City or Everton, where your mentality is so small-time that your favourite part of football is seeing another club fail. One of the reasons they hate Liverpool so much is because our fans really, really enjoy seeing our own club succeed. We're eternal optimists and if Liverpool win a trophy (or even if they just come close) it gets celebrated in the most joyous, visceral way. They're so worried about "never hearing the end of it" if we win the league this year that they're actively willing their own teams to lose. I think it's odd, Liverpool fans are the only set of support in the country that go to away games and just sing about their own club (United and Everton games excepted, and even then it's not even close to what those sets of fans sing). You won't hear such tiresome 'bantz' as 'Your support is fucking shit' or 'This is a library' coming from the travelling Kop. We don't sing about their past failures, we don't sing about poverty in their city, we don't sing about their teams potentially getting relegated - yet they hate us. The BBC published an article called 'Do neutral fans not want Liverpool to win the league, or is it just a social media myth?' a month ago and the best quote in the whole thing was this:

"Samuel Mooney, Nottingham Forest fan: I'd love to see them win it. Their fans don't bother me, they're just passionate and they believe in their team. The fact so many people hate them for their optimism is so typically English!"

I think he hit the nail on the head. God forbid a set of support might be optimistic or supportive or passionate. God forbid we give our team bus a welcome or sing 'and now you're gonna believe us'. God forbid that we care about seeing our own team do well. Frankly, even if we win nothing for the next thirty years I'd rather approach life with the attitude of a Liverpool fan than the attitude of a Chelsea fan. They deserve everything they get"
That is quite incredible

That is quite incredible
It's all part of creating the cult mythology.

x480-3WW.jpg

I’m going to award him 10 points for getting bantz & bus welcome in the sentence without getting the irony of why we all Fcking hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.