Gangsta Talk

It’s more an English young thing. I can’t understand a fucking word they say. They all sound like people who have suffered a head injury. Totally American rap type pish. They aren’t In Colours, but by fuck they want to be. Embarrassing and moronic sounding. Putting on an accent that isn’t yours is a fucking embarrassment.
Unlike when I go to my cousins in cowcaddens......try understanding them cunts in full flow

Unlike when I go to my cousins in cowcaddens......try understanding them cunts in full flow

I know, but it ain’t American slang and bro this bro that. Happening? Happening? Blood, bro, blood, happening. It’s a fuckibg brass neck. If my sons started talking like that I would slag them into a heap.

I know, but it ain’t American slang and bro this bro that. Happening? Happening? Blood, bro, blood, happening. It’s a fuckibg brass neck. If my sons started talking like that I would slag them into a heap.
Intonation does my head in too and the "SO" brigade

I’ve just posted this in the rant and rave thread:

The terrible modern “Mancunian” accent that young lads and girls are coming out with. It’s like a cross between a small amount of some proper Mancunian elements with a majority Cockney-grime-rap-music type of accent. I fucking despise it!

“Yer gget mmeee” “innit dough” “yyyeah” “lllike” - loads of overemphasis on the first consanent of words (when a proper Mancunian accent emphasises the vowels!).

And what used to be a “eh” for proper Mancs for words ending in “y” is a “eee” with them now. Just because Stormzy sounds like that every other 13-21 year old Mancunian thinks that’s how all young people should speak, not realising Stormzy is a fucking Londoner.

“Bro” this, “bruv” that, “fam”... “innit” and “is it” in the wrong places...

I can’t fucking stand it!

This is a soft version of what I’m on about:

These two lads are Mancunians, believe it or not?! Yet the white lad has tried so hard to be a Cockney grime star that he’s got that accent I’m on about (the black lad doesn’t do it) and says all the following words in a Cockney grime accent:
“Anti-naytuw”
“In da Ci’eee”
“Heee could sleeep”
“Drumming on da taybuws”
“Bllllllleeeeeve mmeee”
“Udderwaiiiise”

And some lads sound a hell of a lot worse than this.

No pride in maintaining proper Mancunian culture. The sad fuckers!

Last edited by a moderator:

The terrible modern “Mancunian” accent that young lads and girls are coming out with. It’s like a cross between a small amount of some proper Mancunian elements with a majority Cockney-grime-rap-music type of accent. I fucking despise it!

“Yer gget mmeee” “innit dough” “yyyeah” “lllike” - loads of overemphasis on the first consanent of words (when a proper Mancunian accent emphasises the vowels!).

And what used to be a “eh” for proper Mancs for words ending in “y” is a “eee” with them now. Just because Stormzy sounds like that every other 13-21 year old Mancunian thinks that’s how all young people should speak, not realising Stormzy is a fucking Londoner.

It’s nothing to do with Stormzy. I’m in my forties and remember people talking like that in my school days in the 80’s.
It definitely has its roots in Jamaica rather than London.

Kate Tempest actually makes a living out of talking shite alongside one of Frank Sidebottoms old tunes.

This is a soft version of what I’m on about:

These two lads are Mancunians, believe it or not?! Yet the white lad has tried so hard to be a Cockney grime star that he’s got that accent I’m on about (the black lad doesn’t do it) and says all the following words in a Cockney grime accent:
“Anti-naytuw”
“In da Ci’eee”
“Heee could sleeep”
“Drumming on da taybuws”
“Bllllllleeeeeve mmeee”
“Udderwaiiiise”

And some lads sound a hell of a lot worse than this.

No pride in maintaining proper Mancunian culture. The sad fuckers!

Well said, PC. They just sound like complete knobs. Imagine one of them turning up for a job interview and speaking like that? ... Next!

Well said, PC. They just sound like complete knobs. Imagine one of them turning up for a job interview and speaking like that? ... Next!
Makes young Mancunians sound very insecure, very confused and very thick!

A completely put-on, unnatural, mish-mash of an accent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.