Rant And Rave:

It's a minor rant, but here it is.... Whatever happened to supermodels in department stores? I grew up with posters of women like Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford on my wall. Now every advert I see is an actress or a pop star. Was there a meeting where they wrote fashion models out as sex symbols or something?
When you've got lana del rey greeting you into Debenhams advertising Gucci, you really don't need supermodels. She's one of the most beautiful stylish women in the world.

It's a minor rant, but here it is.... Whatever happened to supermodels in department stores? I grew up with posters of women like Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford on my wall. Now every advert I see is an actress or a pop star. Was there a meeting where they wrote fashion models out as sex symbols or something?

What’s it like waking up after a 10 year sleep?

People in authority taking liberties with the plebs
Abso-fucking-lutely!

Also, for me:

The terrible modern “Mancunian” accent that young lads and girls are coming out with. It’s like a cross between a small amount of some proper Mancunian elements with a majority Cockney-grime-rap-music type of accent. I fucking despise it!

“Yer gget mmeee” “innit dough” “yyyeah” “lllike” - loads of overemphasis on the first consanent of words (when a proper Mancunian accent emphasises the vowels!).

And what used to be a “eh” for proper Mancs for words ending in “y” is a “eee” with them now. Just because Stormzy sounds like that every other 13-21 year old Mancunian thinks that’s how all young people should speak, not realising Stormzy is a fucking Londoner.

“Bro” this, “bruv” that, “fam”... “innit” and “is it” in the wrong places...

I can’t fucking stand it!

Others:

Littering and fly tipping. You lazy lazy LAZY dirty fucking twats, use a bin or a tip and stop making my city a fucking dump!

The state of the roads and the traffic in Manchester is soul destroying. Had to spend over £200 on damamged suspension and every drive is uncomfortable. I’d bet driving in a tractor on a farm-field is a smoother ride than it is driving on Manchester’s roads.
And the traffic just makes you wish the ground would open up and swallow everyone up and put everyone out of their traffic misery!

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s it like waking up after a 10 year sleep?

NTmCwxG.gif

Quality entertainment. Are you sure it isn't a Last of the Summer Wine out-take.

Not too sure Dave they all looked like City slickers to me.

Cantankerousness or to give it it's medical name cantankeritus is a dreadful affliction of old gits everywhere and never shows them in a good light.He pinched his seat and he always always fooking sits there every day and has done for the last half century.Filmed in Accrington I believe.

Caution: Old people using language of the gutter.Do not clik if easily offended.

Oh no. The countdown has begun. Less than a month to go 'til Comic Fuckin Relief.
The joy of Davina McCall and Claudia Winkleman telling me to give my hard earned dosh away.
I do give to, and take part in, charitable events. I just don't need "earnest" "celebrities" to make some heartstring tugging video in an African village, or outside a drug refuge. Sport Relief, too. Tuppenny hapenny "stars" doing a week long endurance test, to try and make the general public feel guilty. And all this Stoptober, Movember, and Save the Snow Leopard, bollocks.
Just leave us in peace.

Valentines day this Thursday: The wife does not need reminding two weeks in advance that she has to buy me flowers chocolates and cook me a nice romantic meal.She can do that any time of the year and does not need over zealous interfering advertising conglomerates cajoling her to do so.I may be being cynical but it's as if it's just to keep tills going until the eggs come out.

Last edited:
Aberdeen Angus and I will second that.I think it's primarily in your towns and cities that the diet of the working man is lacking.I personally put this down to socioeconomic nuances and the conservatives heartless austerity measures that seek to deny the working classe any ability to make a decent sound choice in respect of a wholesome diet.The correlational between health diet and austerity is well documented and austerity IMO is having a terrifying and sustained impact on the less well of.Only a labour government through investment and spending on our infrastructure can stabilize this inequality allowing the working man a decent standard of living by achieving a fair days wage for a fair days work by lifting us all out of this endless poverty cycle and getting the wheels of industry turning again. I have said my piece on the bus pass so will not repeat myself except to say the stench of hypocrisy is rancid as the rest of the union are traveling around gloating at us with wanton abandonment as us refugee type English are locked into a cycle of loneliness and isolation caused by Westminster who put money before people.But why is always the poor who suffer and never the well of and we know the answer to that one and it's because we make a very easy target. BTW it's tripe not trype as in talking trype and not that you do mate as you articulate well. The next time I am up in gods country we can have a gill of ale together and maybe a spot of fishing.Take care and enjoy the game.Adios.
That was a party political broadcast by the Labour Party......and now, Match of the Day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.