In:
Won Bissaka
Ndombele
Auoar

Out:
Otamendi
Delph
Mangala

Not sure whats the plan with Claudio Gomes for next year, should be nice to see him get some time.
Zinchenko will cover LB for next season, then we get Chillwel.
Why do you want Otamendi out? He was amazing last season, and when he has played this season has been very solid, he also isn't that old for a center back (30, he can easily go 5 more years).

Everybody wants Bissaka, but we don't even play with attacking fullbacks, Walker basically plays right center back and Danilo can do the bits as an attacking right back if we need it.

I'd only want Aouar or Ndombele in midfield and that's it. Zinny seems to understand what we want from him as a LB, and we still have Mendy and Danilo as other options as left back (Laporte) too.

If Pep really needs another left back, Angelino should be the one to bring back, no more wasting money, none of this Chillwell nonsense, he's average.

Everybody wants Bissaka, but we don't even play with attacking fullbacks, Walker basically plays right center back and Danilo can do the bits as an attacking right back if we need it.

Wan Bissaka is a beast defensively, fantastic one on one

Genuine question, assuming that Sarri gets the bullet this season what is the likelyhood of Jorghinio staying with the chavs?
Sarri was the reason he went to Chelsea and it seems the media are painting him with the same brush as Sarri and he is fast becoming a scapegoat.
Given how keen Pep was on him last summer would we be likely to put in a cheeky bid?
I can't help thinking that he would be a different player under Pep.

Genuine question, assuming that Sarri gets the bullet this season what is the likelyhood of Jorghinio staying with the chavs?
Sarri was the reason he went to Chelsea and it seems the media are painting him with the same brush as Sarri and he is fast becoming a scapegoat.
Given how keen Pep was on him last summer would we be likely to put in a cheeky bid?

Jorghino was 3x a better player at Napoli than he’s been at Chelsea.

What’s more he looks disappointingly fragile at times in the 4 or 5 times I’ve watched him on TV in the last few weeks.

Pep would transform him at the Etihad.

I know we went back after Laporte, but I have to think Jorginho signing with Chelsea was taken as a pretty big fuck you to everyone that was involved with his possible transfer at the club.

I know we went back after Laporte, but I have to think Jorginho signing with Chelsea was taken as a pretty big fuck you to everyone that was involved with his possible transfer at the club.
I liked how we gave second chance to Laporte and wouldn't mind bidding for Jorginho if Sarri is sacked in the summer. I still feel he's tailor made for Pep's football, his current problems are mostly due to Chelsea's incohesiveness as a unit.

As for his fragileness... Just look at Bernardo and what a year under Pep has done to him.

Last edited:
Wasn't the while jorginho thing that we asked for permission to speak to him, got it and agreed terms with the player, only for napoli to push Chelsea to pay more in return for letting sarri go without a fight? Not sure we ever even agreed a final fee with Delaurentis..

Depends how much we want him and what pep thinks of his ability to cope in our league now. Plus the availability and cost of others in that position. He'll still be on a big contract and Chelsea will want their money back, do won't be that cheap of they even do decide to part with him.

Looking at who may be bidding against us this summer for the big targets, not sure it will be as competitive as last summer though, certainly domestically. We've kept our powder dry and still have money to spend, others have splurged without return and/or have larger wage commitments than 12 months ago.

Though Real and Bayern could be busy this summer I guess, replacing those now past it.

Wasn't the while jorginho thing that we asked for permission to speak to him, got it and agreed terms with the player, only for napoli to push Chelsea to pay more in return for letting sarri go without a fight? Not sure we ever even agreed a final fee with Delaurentis..
Yep, that's how I see it. Jorginho had no choice, it was either Chelsea with Sarri (who had made Jorginho the player he is), or Napoli with behind-the-times tactician Ancelotti and fairly bleak perspectives.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.